As a developer with the SQ Mobile team, you will be working with our award-winning team of developers, UX designers and product specialists to enhance our mobile channel offering.
- Develop and maintain highly reliable, efficient, secure, and scalable Android applications.
- Work with our CI/CD and release management tools and processes to quickly deliver high quality code.
- Facilitate the detection, troubleshooting and resolution of pre- and post-production issues.
- Assist with various stages of the mobile application development lifecycle such as requirements gathering, user interface design and usability testing.
- Keep abreast of the latest in mobile technology and conduct research and prototyping using such technologies.
- Possess a degree in Information Technology or related fields
- At least 1 year of hands-on experience developing mobile applications for Android using Kotlin and/or Java
- Experience and up-to-date knowledge on Modern Android Development on top of open-source foundations (Dagger, Okhttp, Retrofit, RxJava, Coroutines, Room, etc.)
- Experience with test frameworks such as JUnit, Espresso, Mockito, etc.
- Experience in working with small to medium development teams using Agile methodologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Experience in Agile environments, Extreme Programming, Test-Driven Development, Paired Programming, Automation, CI/CD, and git-based source tools.
- An understanding of various software architectural principles such as MVVM, MVP, SOLID or similar.
- Experience in mobile backend development on cloud and serverless platforms
- Experience in iOS application development, or other relevant mobile development technologies.
- Experience in releasing Android applications on Google Play Store.