The Senior Platform Engineer envisions, designs, implements, tests, and rolls out platforms to host applications, systems, programmes and database protocols in support of end users’ needs. He/She defines innovative approaches to platform development and integration of security aspects as part of the software development lifecycle.
With his/her vast experience in the various automation tools for developing DevOps pipeline (CI/CD), he/she develops prototypes, creates software tools for tests and automation, and evaluates latest best practices.
He/She applies structured thinking to develop solutions and is creative and innovative in designing new and improved platforms and approaches. He/She is a strong team player, who communicates effectively with others and guides junior members in the team.
The official title for this role would be Software Engineer.
- Define, Design, implement and improve IT infrastructure, CI/CD platform, processes and standards that are used to support application development lifecycle.
- Define, Design and improve the governance of IT infrastructure, CI/CD platform, processes and standards that are used to support application development lifecycle.
- Manage collaborations within DevOps team as well as with other stakeholders and teams.
- Own, recover and improve from incidents and non-compliance.
- Manage procurement, from issuing requirements until award.
- Manage vendor performance and service level.
- Collaborate internally within DevOps Team as well as with other teams to define and improve IT infrastructure, CI/CD platform and processes used for application development lifecycle.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to Devops Team, maintain and promote the DevOps culture.
- Develop competencies within Devops Team.
- Define and implement tools required for Infrastructure as Code development
- Define configuration guidelines to automate software deployment
- Set up containers or cloud native hosting for deployments
- Minimum 5 years of experience as DevOps engineer or similar role.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting the following tools:
- Operating system: Linux and Windows
- Scripting: Shell, PowerShell
- Repository and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery: GitLab, MS VSTS
- Container/Container Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
- Logging: Elasticsearch, Splunk
- Visualisations: Kibana
- Security: Checkmarx, Clair
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Ansible
- Database: Redis, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MS SQL Server
- Platform-as-a-Service: VMWare PKS
- Cloud: AWS
- Hands-on experience on troubleshooting network issues
- Hands-on experience working with product team using agile methodology.
- Experience in deploying micro-service application.
- Knowledge of various open source technologies.
- Good team player and communicator, with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in leading DevOps Team
- Background in Computer Engineer/Computer Science Bachelor's degree preferred, candidate who demonstrate strong relevant experience and skill sets will be considered.
- Certifications in the above-mentioned tools on point 1, DevOps and/or application development using agile methodology would be advantageous.
- Strong system troubleshooting skills.
Certifications in the above-mentioned tools, DevOps and/or application development using agile methodology would be advantageous.
We review applications and interview on a rolling basis. Applicants can expect to receive an application outcome within 8 weeks of application date.