We are looking for a passionate and professional Data Scientist to join our team to help us with our mission of helping us define and analyze the data across the company.
Based in Singapore and reporting into the Director, Strategy & Analytics, the Data Scientist will work on team projects and individual projects. The right candidate will have day-to-day responsibility of ensuring accuracy of data for business decisions.
However, we also recognize that each Data Scientist has a unique blend of skills. Whether your strength is in data modeling or in analytical, we want to talk to you.
What You’ll Do
- You will identify, undertake, and implement analytics projects including formulation of use cases, gathering of data, development, implementation and maintenance of models.
- You will be instrumental in supporting the development of Singapore Pools’ in-house analytic capabilities through the implementation of structured methodologies and creation of infrastructural capabilities to process and analyze data.
- You will work with strategy to identify opportunities to enable the implementation and realization of the long-term strategic vision of Singapore Pools.
Who You Are
- You will need to be a graduate or undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Data Science.
- You will need to have relevant work experience though it is not necessary but would be an advantage.
- You will have working knowledge of Python/R, Pyspark, SQL and Big Data technologies.
- You should be proficient in various statistical methods used in data sciences.
- You should have the ability to communicate complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
- You should be familiar with machine learning techniques in CNN and RNN.
- Competitive salaries
- Flexi Benefits
- Staggered working hours
- Medical Insurance
- Corporate Mobile Plans
Singapore Pools welcomes you not for how you look, where you come from, or differences you may have. We want you here for who you are. Diversity at the company helps us see a greater picture represented by different voices, helping us in contributing back to the society. So, feel free to express who you are, and be proud of your heritage and personal experience as you begin your journey with us!
Singapore Pools was established by the Government on 23 May 1968 to provide safe and trusted betting to counter illegal gambling. As a not-for-profit organisation, all of Singapore Pools’ surplus is channeled to Tote Board to fund a wide range of causes in social service, community development, sports, the arts, education and health. Currently, Singapore Pools contributes about $2 billion annually to the Government in the form of taxes and duties, and for the funding of good causes.