The primary role of Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is to support technology-enabled business strategies and operations to drive increased agility, scalability, fault tolerance and improve service quality of the Technology Operations, Infrastructure and Cloud team. The role is to engage with Application, Engineering and Infrastructure Technology teams to help them achieve extensive business value, by migrating and modernizing technology landscapes to Cloud to create a platform for innovation and Enterprise Transformation.
Your responsibility as an Infrastructure Cloud Engineer will be to manage and ensure optimal performance of the organization’s cloud infrastructure. You'll be involved in the planning and design of the cloud infrastructure, as well as in troubleshooting any issues.
- Work in tandem with our infrastructure team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
The Scope Of Responsibilities Includes The Following
- Develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy AWS applications
- Automate the manual efforts in the provision of cloud resources
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Adopt best practices with regards to managing AWS cloud infrastructure
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
- Proactively monitor the performance of the Cloud resources
- Manage costs of cloud infrastructure to ensure no wastage and takes full advantage of cost saving mechanisms.
- Working as part of a cross functional team to identify, develop, and lead IT Infrastructure & Operation Transformation activities
- Defining and executing on the technology migration strategy by engaging highly technical teams within SPHTech (other Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners) to define migration pathways.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing AWS environment is a must
- Minimum 3 years of experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS platforms
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience in using cloud formation or terraform to provision AWS resources for the application
- Good cloud infrastructure technical knowledge including cloud formation and cost optimization
- Well versed in cloud security baseline and management
- Good knowledge of and ability to make use of most of the AWS resources such as EC2, RDS, ALB, Code Pipeline, ElasticCache, Auto-scaling Group, S3, VPC, EKS, ECS, Cloudfront, Route53, CloudWatch, Lambda
- Good knowledge of JSON, YAML, Git, CI/CD tools eg Jenkins
- Well verse in infrastructure security baseline and management
- Knowledge of information technology infrastructure domains such as compute server platforms, storage server platforms, server components, network devices, technologies and architectures, IT service delivery principles and best practices
- Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
- AWS Solutions Architect - Associate or AWS SysOps - Associate is a must
- IT Service Management (ITIL) best practices, Agile and Devops is an advantage
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organisation and outside with third parties
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills. Strong analytic and decision-making abilities.
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Integrity & Self Development (live up to commitments; seek feedback to enhance performance; deal constructively with own mistakes).