• Come up with data visualisation design through interactive infographics
• Creation of graphics requested by editors
• Demonstrate editorial judgement, creativity, and flair
• Work with front-end web developers to produce interesting and innovative visual stories
• Use various statistics and data science tools for data parsing, scraping and wrangling
• Manage workflow and process for visual stories in the newsroom
• Use analytics to evaluate stories and propose changes to workflow, concepts.
• Experience in a data visualisation role
• Interest in building projects in augmented reality and other creative technologies to enhance our journalism is a plus.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Familiar with the latest digital storytelling trends
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, graphic design, data science, statistics, computer science strongly preferred
• Working knowledge of interactive data storytelling/visualisation
• Experience/knowledge of serverless computing (AWS)
We are looking for someone with a strong news judgement and a knack for visual stories, so please include a link to your latest and best original visualisation works along with your resume/CV. Please include a link to your latest and best works so far along with your application.