The SPHTech team is looking to hire an experienced Lead Engineer (QA) to support the Product team to ensure top quality and to meet the program objectives including performance requirements.
You will be required to plan and structure the foundation of quality assurance by establishing processes, best practices and implementing tools to guarantee the quality of applications.
As a Lead Engineer, your key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the QA Manager and program team to ensure test objectives, test strategies and test plans are in place in collaboration with vendor and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure test creations and test executions are done as per product requirements and within planned timelines; Constantly clarify requirements if needed by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure traceability of test cases against test requirements.
- Create & execute performance tests as and when needed.
- Support the QA Manager and program team to monitor, measure, control and report on the test progress, product quality status and test results by adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Ensure all defects are logged in JIRA and other recommended tools to track & retest defects till closure.
- Support the QA Manager and program team to ensure test summary and defect reports are generated and are available as needed.
- Represent the QA function by actively participating in necessary planning and briefing sessions, daily stand-ups, vendor engagement and retrospective meetings to provide updates and highlight issues/blockers if any.
- Implement improvements to QA methodologies (both functional and non-functional) and strategies to increase test efficiency (productivity) and effectiveness within the program and recommend to the wider organization.
- Support the QA Manager and program team to generate necessary QA KPI / metrics for PMO and management reporting.
- Support the QA Manager and program team to raise awareness, adoption and integration of QA process and automation in product development life cycle.
- Strive to achieve efficient test coverage across multiple platforms using test automation.
- Support the QA Manager and program to cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional and technical policies, procedures and quality assurance best practices.
- Support UAT in collaboration with users and relevant stakeholders.
- 5 to 8 yrs of experience in the testing domain, with 2-3 years in a Senior testing / QA role.
- High level of attention to detail and is passionate about evangelizing automated testing in the organisation and helping raise the overall test maturity of the organisation.
- Have experience working in large scale testing projects in Agile methodology.
- Exposure to Drupal, WordPress and/or any other Content Management System would be highly desirable.
- Have experience using a broad range of test automation frameworks (Cucumber, TestNG etc)
- Exposure to API testing using SoapUI, Postman or similar.
- Exposure to CI/CD and SCM tools (Jenkins, GitHub etc).
- Exposure to cloud (AWS or similar).
- Exposure to Mobile device farm (Experitest, Perfecto or similar).
- Good experience with SDLC practices in Agile.
- Good knowledge of test methodologies and approaches.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess good stakeholder management and vendor management.
- Project/Test Management tools such as qTest, JIRA, Confluence and related.
- Web and Mobile test automation frameworks/tools (Selenium, Appium, TOSCA or similar).
- Performance testing using JMeter, Micro Focus Loadrunner or similar.