Join us and experience what it’s like to be with an Employer of Choice*. Together, let’s create a brighter digital future for all. *Awarded at the HR Fest Awards 2020
This role is for the Digital Technologies department of Singtel. Digital Technologies is front-runner within Singtel featuring self-organizing development teams deploying workloads both on-premise and cloud services such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. Our Digital Technology stack focuses on scalability and performance of business workloads. We aim to loosen the IT architecture, increase organizational agility and enable an API driven digital ecosystem.
Why work for Singtel Digital Technologies?
- Customer facing API and Applications for Business, Enterprise and Consumer markets requiring constant monitoring and protection from intrusion.
- Working with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Work with IT Security and Performance Management teams to define, create, and implement security standards.
- Strong alignment with business and KPIs centered around business
- Open office space with teams co-located
- All new things go to AWS and follow latest best practices in the industry
- Attention to technical excellence
- Culture of learning, coaching and mentoring
- Career growth path as engineer: engineers may earn more than their manager
- Dynamic organization where change is the only constant
- Innovation is part of the yearly KPIs
- An incentive scheme with generous rewards for high-performers
- You will be responsible for design, development of APIs that meets project requirements, is high quality and is based on reference architecture and various design patterns.
- You will be responsible for and incorporating & adhering to API standards and practices set by API chapter teams and make sure it is followed.
- You will be able to provide feedback on standards and patterns time to time back to chapter leads. This is to make sure standards and patterns are practical and also evolving.
- You will be able to participate in an agile team to deliver the full lifecycle, including requirements, architecture, design, development, testing and deployment.
- You will be able to review code from project teams time to time and advise whether code meets the required standards.
- You will be able to interact with various stakeholders including product owners, BA’s to design and deliver technical solutions to support various functions.
- Work in a Globally Distributed Development team environment to enable successful delivery with a minimal supervision
- You are passionate, creative and self-driven
- You are curious and collaborative, and a believer in the power of teams and team work
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess
- Minimum 3-7 years of experience in software engineering designing and building highly scalable applications
- Strong hands-on experience in API development, design, deployment and operation in production.
- Aware of all the cross cutting concerns and development patterns for API
- Strong hands-on experience in Java 8 – Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread safe code
- Highly comfortable with Java Spring Framework / Spring Cloud / Spring batch
- Possesses deep understanding on Cloud Native applications
- Experienced with building applications using AWS, PCF or OpenShift
- Data modelling experience in both Relational and NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of OAuth 2.0 / SAML 2.0 protocols
- Experience writing unit, functional, load and end-to-end tests
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins & bitbucket
- Strong working knowledge of SDLC and Agile development methodologies
- Certification in AWS, Java, J2EE, ITIL would be an added advantage
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.