The Senior DevOps Engineer shall support the implementation of digitalisation strategy for Group Technology and Networks which aims to loosen the IT architecture, increase organisational agility and enable an API driven digital ecosystem.
- Design, build and maintain the software development pipeline automation with its related tool sets (e.g. JIRA, GIT/BitBucket, Jenkins, Nexus, etc.) to enable Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Design and implement the infrastructure and operating environment for container based microservices that meet the agreed high availability, performance and security requirements.
- Design and develop the test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Work closely with development teams or other internal teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance, security and operability in mind.
- Support and ensure that the software releases are align with the organization’s internal software release and deployment process.
- Facilitate and support the troubleshooting or root cause analysis of platform issues or incidents with other internal teams.
- Proactively monitor and identify opportunities for automation, process improvement and architecture simplification for the platforms
- Participate in project planning and management activities.
- Research and develop prototype using the latest, most relevant technologies and trend for continuous improvement of the platform
Ideal Candidate should have
- At least 3 to 5 years of working experience in DevOps automation, containerization and orchestration.
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Nexus, Jenkins, SoapUI, SonarQube)
- Strong understanding and experience in virtualization and networking in a container environment, such as OpenShift/Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of cloud computing/container deployment and management such as AWS/Azure/OpenStack etc
- Breadth of knowledge – OS, system administration, networking, infrastructure, storage, distributed computing, cloud computing
- Strong understanding and practice Agile projects (such as SCRUM/KANBAN) and the usage of related tools such as JIRA.
We believe in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers. We strive to ensure all our people practices are non-discriminatory and provide a fair, performance-based work culture that is diverse, inclusive and collaborative.