You will have a front seat in driving the company’s product platform strategy: Supporting and enhancing performance through analysing and assessing quality control, to deliver new features for an industry disrupting platform to ensure that the platform meets certain thresholds of acceptability
- Operating in teams with Agile processes. This role involves wearing multiple hats while participating in the entire product lifecycle. Reporting directly to the Head of Product & Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in defining and achieving the platform roadmap. You will work closely with software product managers, QA testers, developers and stakeholders throughout the company and will have many opportunities to drive significant product and feature launches.
In Your Role You Will
- Establish project quality goals, key quality assurance milestones, activities and clearly defined acceptance quality criteria at project initiation.
- Ensure SDLC changes are planned and implemented in a regular cadence, with feedback loop for continual improvement.
- Provide QA leadership, advice, guidance and support to the testing team in all testing tasks. This includes ensuring alignment of testing strategy and activities to all streams.
- Work with QA testers and development teams to ensure quality testing.
- Creating test scripts for automated execution based on user stories and test cases. This includes defining and evolution of test plans, cases, matrix and execution results analysis.
- Responsible for successful deployments and support of systems in development, UAT and Staging environments and drive DevOps practices within application teams.
- Ensure high quality deliverables and processes keep project cost and time on track.
- Drive the quality review process such as work product reviews e.g. review of functional specification document, facilitate review process and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Driving lessons learned activities for prevention/corrective actions in the future.
- Roll up sleeves to analyse and resolve technical and application issues.
- Support initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Strong experience as a Quality Engineer prior to management roles.
- Domain knowledge in any of eCommerce, Logistics, Supply chain and Operations.
- Expertise with one or more interpreted programming languages (PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.) and frameworks.
- You have strong opinions, but you know when to give and collaborate with your peers and your clients.
- Bachelors degree in IT/Computer Science/Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- At least 2+ years of experience in quality assurance.
- At least 2+ years of experience in leading/managing small teams.
- Experienced in Agile software development methodologies, using frameworks such as Scrum with a track record of delivery in sprints and in the Atlassian suite of products.
- Experienced and familiar with defining and driving software quality processes within the SDLC, with exposure in Cloud App / API / Microservice development.
- Strong understanding in continuous delivery and continuous integration i.e. SCM, build & release tools and automated testing.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, skilled in developing collaborative relationships.
- Excellent critical thinking, stakeholder management and communication skills.
- High level of initiative, passion, and desire to ensure a world-class user experience for customers.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
Desired Skills and Experience
Strategic Planning, Sales, Leadership, Quality Control, platform, agile processes, Marketing, Driving, Strategy, Performance, Project Management, operating, Customer Service, Product Lifecycle, analysing, Management