As Senior System Engineer, you will provide L3 support on end-to-end problem resolution and root cause analysis in collaboration with other functional groups, business units, and vendors. You will be accountable for supporting and assisting in solving issues with the Cloud Services and Platform related to network connectivity, platform, storage, software-defined networks, etc., across multiple layers with confidence and expertise.
Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, you will be a part of the Managed Infrastructure team responsible for focusing on SITA’s Private Cloud capabilities in a scalable, resilient, and secure manner.
At SITA, we are meeting the new needs of travel ...today! Are you ready to join us?
What You Will Do
- Participate in design and feedback workshops to improve our services and quality of work
- Work at solving issues with the Cloud Services and Platform
- Regularly review existing systems and make recommendations for improvements – continuous modification and improvement
- Function as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide ongoing monitoring, 4support, and improvement to our Cloud Platform connectivity stacks
- Provide support for an Enterprise Data Center, implement and maintain VMWare-based infrastructure and related storage
- Be able to apply your advanced technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic protocols to resolve standard to highly complex system-level issues.
- Maintain a closed-loop communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal), be a team player with a positive, pro-active, and self-motivating attitude and possess the ability to operate across multiple discipline groups.
- Be responsible for preparing the SOP's and update them regularly; prepare knowledge-based articles for sharing across the team
Who You Are
- Excellent experience in technology-related work, providing support on large-scale enterprise and service provider environment
- Has demonstrated experience working with VMWare v6 and v7, vCloud Director, vCloud Foundation, VMWare Workspace One, vSAN, NSX-T and related products
- Strong experience with Dell EMC VxRail Hyper-converged systems regarding Cluster Management, monitoring nodes and drivers at physical layer; adding and replacing hardware; VxRail Physical link monitoring.
- Strong experience in deploying, monitoring, configuring, and supporting Data Domains, experience with Data Domain performance standards
- Experience in supporting, troubleshooting, and ongoing maintenance of EMC Unity
- Has experience supporting, troubleshooting, analyzing, and determining root cause analysis and problem resolution for Operating Systems such as RedHat Linux and Windows, and infrastructure technologies (server, network, storage, load balancing, clustering, etc)
- Well versed with Patch Management on VMware platforms and use of other Patch Management tools such as Satellite and WSUS
- Be able to provide Disaster Recovery and backup and restore solutions and support using Veeam
- Understanding of network-based security (e.g., access lists) and security concepts (blacklist vs. white list)
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty when vital, and you persevere where others do not
- Diagnosing and resolving unique problems associated with infrastructure and operating systems, determining the source of issues, and classifying their level, priority, and nature is your thing.
- You have experience supporting cloud infrastructure while keeping security, performance, and complexity at the top of your mind.
- You are driven by a continuous quest for knowledge to maintain your guru status and keep your forensic skills sharp
What We Offer
SITA’s workplace is all about diversity many different countries and cultures are represented in our workforce, and colleagues who’ve been working here for decades collaborate with those just out of college and early in their careers. SITA is a place of change and constant improvement, where we're always pushing ourselves to find better ways of doing things smarter, quicker, easier, for us and our customers and for their customers too.
And we offer all the good stuff you’d expect like holidays, bonus, flexible benefits, medical policy, pension plan and access to world-class learning.