The Solution Specialist (SS) is responsible for driving and co-owning Cloud Workplace solution sales, business development, and marketing activities within his/her assigned region. The role functions as a partnership with the primary account manager and as a result is not limited to traditional “overlay role” restrictions, the SS is expected to take a consistently proactive approach to developing the technical solutions business in the region. The SS is the technical lead in the region for pre-sales (both transactional and professional services) customer engagements and sales enablement for the respective region. The role also serves as the liaison between the assigned sales team and customers and professional services delivery resources which include both in-house and partner delivered services. The SS will scope professional services opportunities and assist in the creation and delivery of Statements of Work (SoW) to customers. The SS will be required to maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge across a broad set of foundational technologies as well as at least one specific technology set to serve as the subject matter expert for that specific subject on a national and/or global scale.
Sales & Services
- Partners and co-owns sales activities at a customer level with the field-based account manager (Business Development Manager [BDM]).
- Performance and success measured by GP performance of region and individual accounts. Performance based quarterly incentives will be structured in commission format.
- Analyze & gather business requirement from large & complexity client environment and perform required research and investigation to identify and create thorough, accurate technical solution proposals based on client requirements.
- Responsible for partnering with BDMs and local sales leadership to drive net new business opportunities within the existing regional account base as well as supporting customer acquisition activities as assigned.
- Prepares cost estimates for licensing and product sales as well as professional services (deployment, migration, implementation, workshops, etc.) by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with other engineers, architects, practice leads and other professional and technical personnel (both internal and external).
- Develop overall solutions including high-level design (e.g.-Whiteboarding), statements of work (SOW), service design and bills of materials (BOM).
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
General Business Development, Marketing, & Partnerships
- Assist and own partnership/alliance functions to assigned partner relationships. This may include being primary contact for Partner/Channel Account Managers and assisting in GTM and business planning as well as driving forward programmatic initiatives.
- Develop relationships and act as liaison to local partners (VARs, publishers, distribution, etc.) to ensure available resources are being utilized where appropriate.
- Act as a technical evangelist for marketing activities including speaking/presenter engagements at conferences, conventions, user groups, webinars, etc.
- Partner with stakeholders and drive solution marketing activities by preparing and delivering content and messaging.
What We Need To See From You
The ideal candidate will demonstrate skills and applicable experience in the following technical roles
- O365 – SAAS/IAAS/PaaS expertise (Workloads, App Service, data, server-less)
- Deliver O365 productivity Workshops
- Create high and low level design architecture
- O365 suite - Design, plan, install, configure and maintain Enterprise level-based solutions aligned with business needs.
- Deliver POCs and convert them into production delivery Technology (Workplace focus)
- Security Center, OMS and Log Analytics
- In-depth knowledge of Enterprise Mobility and Security suite (EMS E3/E5)
- Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS) and AD Connect / DirSync Services
- Wintel Server, Clustering and Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS)
- Office 365 / M365: on-premise/hybrid Exchange, Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Teams, AAD Connect and associated Microsoft Collaboration Services.
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- DirSync, Azure AD identity Sync, or Azure Connect
- Office365 Design and Implementation Projects
- Microsoft Teams and voice solutions
- PowerShell Scripting / Graph API
Exchange Server - 2010, or 2013, 2016
Understanding of network dependencies, implications & requirements needed for all Office 365 services.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required
- University degree preferred (in the field of Information Technology and/or or equivalent combination of experience and education; Master’s degree preferred).
- 5+ years or equivalent experience selling products and services in the end user computing space.
- Ability to sell, scope, price with limited support.
- Documented successful sales of enterprise-wide advanced end user computing and mobility solutions.
- Advanced-level Partner Sales and Technical Certifications required.
- Ability to independently conduct meetings with engineering-level, management-level or executive level customer personnel in regard to positioning sales and solutions.
Success at SoftwareONE is not defined by what you do for yourself, but by what you deliver for our customers, the business and for the employees around you. SoftwareONE employees are energized, agile and are laser focused on delivering world class Customer Satisfaction and results. Our leaders motivate and inspire their teams and provide a working environment that delivers incredible levels of Employee Satisfaction. We are Humble, have a very high degree of Integrity and are simply not interested in politics.
Our leaders operate with a high levels of Discipline but are able to work at Speed manage change in a global economy.
“SoftwareONE is an equal opportunity employer. With employee satisfaction as one of our core values, we are passionate about diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. We want every employee to have the greatest experience of their career.”