You join as a Data Scientist the “Innovation & Data Factory” department in an experienced Data Analytics team with over 20 experts, 6 years of live projects and a full analytics software stack at disposal. The team is part of the Information Services department in-charge of executing the company’s Digital & Data ambitions and you, as a “generalist” data scientist, can be assigned on data science projects from any domain (HR, finance, industrial, chemistry, commercial…). You are involved in the full life cycle (design, implementation, monitoring) driving the advanced analytics approach to be taken with the help of data engineers. You get to interact directly with stakeholders and collaborate with other experienced data scientists to address business needs.
- Conduct proof of concepts and projects in Data Science & Advanced Analytics where you will
- translate business needs in Analytics requirements & insights
- locate the data sources (internal/external) to generate relevant models
- gather, transform & clean the necessary data
- leverage data science algorithms while prototyping (study) and operationalizing the solutions
- share and present the results
- Design and develop robust algorithms & techniques using NLP/text analytics, optimization methods and shallow & deep machine learning models as part of a central advanced analytics team solving business problems in different domains including Finance, Purchasing, Supply Chain, R&I, Energy and Industrial.
- Manage projects in predictive/prescriptive analytics projects while working with external consultants.
- Support data analysts in industrializing their advanced analytics projects.
Education and Experience
- Degree / Masters in Computer Science/Information Technology, Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Computational Science, Operations Research or related technical disciplines
- Minimum experience of 2 years in Data Analytics / Data Science / Machine Learning.
- Experience in implementation of at least one machine learning project including industrialization / automation.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Willingness to learn French
- Python and SQL working efficiency is mandatory.
- Some background or experience in operations research is mandatory.
- Experience or familiarity with the following technologies are recommended : R, Dataiku DSS, Jupyter Notebooks, Google Cloud Platform.
- Sound knowledge and experience in advanced analytics/machine learning concepts: supervised/unsupervised shallow & deep models, NLP, recommender systems, time series
- Functional understanding or experience in projects related to pricing or supply chain optimisation appreciated.
- Knowledge or experience in deep learning (Keras/Tensorflow) is recommended.
- Experience in web development (flask, shiny, bokeh, dash) or data visualisation tools is recommended.
- Appetency to learn various business domains.
- Proactivity and willingness to explore is the key skill.
- Critical thinking and an innate curiosity to understand a problem to find suitable solutions is crucial for this role.
- Passionate about data science and the new technologies.
- Self-motivated and independent: The candidate will need to be able to manage a full analytics process from business interview to modelisation to results explanation & automation.
- Clear orientation toward business goals and associated business metrics
- Project management, AGILE methodology is welcome.
- Good communication & presentation skills.
- Team player to interact with a large number of stakeholders in the business and the Solvay group