To support the fast-growing data analytics function, we are looking for a bright and competent data scientist. We are constantly looking for new ideas and converting them into actions. The ideal candidate will possess relevant technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills. Being comfortable with exploring the unknown is a must for this role as technology is evolving so quickly and we are supporting analytics for vastly different lines of business.
You will be working with a team of data scientists, data analysts, data engineers, and software engineers to develop data products for more intelligent operations and to solve real-life problems. You will be helping to shape data platforms and data products for the core media business. The team is highly diversified with members from completely different backgrounds, but we all believe in systematic approaches and we are always open to new solutions.
- A good university degree in Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related fields
- Experience in NLP, content classification, and content recommendation preferred
- Experience in applying NLP techniques such as word representation (word2vec, GloVe, BERT, etc), convolution neural networks, seq2seq modelling, named entity extraction and text summarisation.
- Experience in developing and deploying production-grade machine learning models preferred
- Keen interest in stakeholders management and data science product management
- Proficient with Python and/or other programming and statistical applications (Eg. R, Matlab,, Java, C/C++, Python)
- Comfortable with manipulating and analysing high-volumes of complex data from varying sources
- Familiar with SQL and relational databases
- Track-record of independent learning and technical problem-solving
- Ability to communicate findings in a clear and actionable manner
- Good time and project management skills, able to multitask
- Experience in GCP or other cloud platform is a plus