We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to drive, implement and support the technology platforms that power SPH’s digital products, websites and mobile apps. These include the Customer Identity Access Manager, digital advertising platforms, commerce and payment platform, analytics platform, etc
- Lead cross-functional teams (product, design, tech) to architect, develop and deploy secure and scalable systems involving multiple technologies and integration with existing systems
- Develop strong understanding of user and product needs in order to drive a long-term vision
- Mentor engineers and work with them to remove any roadblocks
- Initiate, coordinate, and enforce engineering disciplines and policies, procedures and standards.
- Track and scan the technology and industry landscape for potential partners and solutions providers
- A good university degree in Software or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Technology or equivalent
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience in IT management and leadership
- Extensive experience with solution architecture and engineering of complex and highly scalable applications
- Track record of practicing good engineering discipline and processes, and successfully designing and delivering innovations and technology solutions
- Superior understanding of technologies and digital trends, especially in the media and publishing industry.
- Proven leadership, management and organisation skills to lead and build a high-performing team
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to define clear solutions in collaboration with different teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.