The digital graphics team is looking for a creative and driven Senior Full Stack Engineer to join us.
If you are an experienced full stack web developer or engineer, who is well-versed in web infrastructure, and is also looking for a creative role to explore new and interesting ways to tell stories for our readers on the web, this could be the right fit for you!
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you would be expected to work closely with journalists, developers, designers, and editors on a daily basis.
- Build visual stories for the newsroom, including data visualisations and a wide variety of visual formats for storytelling.
- Assist the team's writers and designers with conceptualisation and innovative format ideas.
- Maintenance of team's web infrastructure and serverless computing (AWS)
- Use analytics to evaluate stories and propose changes to workflow, concepts
- An interest in news and visual storytelling preferred.
- A team player, willing to share and support other team members
- Pay attention to details, and apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, that may include nights or weekends
- Experience building interactive graphics using libraries such as d3.js and Mapbox. Experience with serverless computing (AWS).
- Experience with one or more common databases, SQL, scripting languages (R, Python, Perl) a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other related fields strongly preferred.
- Familiar with the latest digital storytelling, data journalism and visual trends.
If you are interested, please apply with your detailed CV and portfolio to us. Please include working links to your latest and featured projects.