We are looking for a Junior Squirro Solution Engineer to join our team in Singapore to work on implementing Squirro’s AI applications with state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and natural-language processing tools using real world client data.
We are looking for someone who wants to use his affinity to technology in a business context where AI solutions bring massive business value. In this role you will be part of the team that works for instance with corporate bankers sourcing the next big M&A opportunity as well as business stakeholders who translate business requirements into technological products. We need someone who brings the enthusiasm and interest to kickstart his career and grow as part of the Squirro team in Singapore.
- You will work with a team of experienced solution engineers who embrace the daily challenge of finding innovative solutions for real-world data problems.
- You will implement innovative digital transformation projects, primarily in the insurance and banking industries.
- In this job, you will gain the capability for end-to-end project delivery, including the setup and deployment of our IT solution, data loading, data enrichment and analysis, data visualization, and integration.
- Work on client projects which comprises:
- Collaborate with business team members on customer use cases to determine technical requirements to deliver business outcomes.
- Work directly with customers on a strategic and operational level throughout the stages of solution design, implementation, and support
- Engage with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Adopt and customize our ML and NLP algorithms used for the insights generation.
- Documentation of projects and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure high-quality delivery and proactively manage risk and dependencies.
- You are a smart, open-minded and curious person:
- You are willing to learn and be challenged on a daily basis
- You are keen to broaden your horizons regarding programming as well as in terms of learning about a new field of business (e.g. finance or insurance)
- You can deal with challenges and are able to research the best technical solution
- You can identify the root cause of a problem and name it.
- You are persistent and keep on working on a code since you appreciate the satisfaction of a code running without bugs after hours of development and improvements.
- ML & NLP? Yes, you want to know what is behind it and how you can use it to solve your data science use case.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Natural Sciences or IT-related, technical field.
- Experience in programming with Python
- High-affinity to technology, programming & data science
- Interest in finance & motivation to learn about finance in the job
- Experience in a technical role will be required (academic experience counts as well.)
- Strong programming experience in Python, ideally with application development.
- Experience (1-2 years) in technical consulting, software engineering or DevOps engineering roles will be beneficial.
- You have an understanding of what end-to-end project delivery means; including the setup and deployment of our IT solution, data loading, data enrichment and analysis, data visualization, and integration.
- Ideally, you are experienced in 1 or more of the following: Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning, unstructured data on a previous project or role, time series analysis and anomaly detection algorithms.
- You have the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to various audience levels, and support sales personnel at customer sites with attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Data storage: ElasticSearch, MySQL, Redis.
- Web components: Nginx, Flask.
- Frontend components: react.js, Backbone.js, Underscore.js., d3.js, ...
- Other: Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence), Git (Basically, any tool that is used in high-quality software development)
We offer you
- To be part of a team of smart, technical-minded people with individual qualities that work on making new technologies such as machine-learning tangible as part of our Insights Engine.
- A steep learning curve & daily data science and technological challenges
- Interesting data science projects in the financial industry
- Start-up like environment and culture, fast-paced and agile with quick decision-making.
- An environment where team members at all levels can make a difference and have a say.
- Ongoing feedback as part of our working culture to grow and develop.
- We believe in life-long learning and supporting the development of our staff.
Get in Touch or Apply and find out more in the first call!
We are looking forward to getting to know you!
Phone: +65 9483 4756
Team Lead Singapore: Moritz Müller