To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Lead the cloud architecture work for multiple applications
- Bring thought leadership in assessing and defining architecture and design solutions for cloud
- Mentor cloud engineers & application teams on cloud adoption
- Define architecture and design patterns for cloud
- Evaluate and propose new cloud technologies suited for business solutions.
- Assess existing applications and vendor products used in the bank to create target roadmap on cloud
- Ensure cyber security controls as required by bank standards are realized in the cloud architecture and design
- Ensure the applications are designed to meet the bank standards on resiliency and recovery and other non-functional requirements
- Define disaster recovery plans, capacity management and exit management plans
- Define best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes, and tools.
- Technical product qualification (benchmarking, suitability, performance characteristics) of relevant hardware and software for use case requirements.
- Write server-side code to create robust production offerings that are highly available, scalable and can cope with burst demand.
- Champion Agile best-practices, processes, and tools in support of DevOps processes.
- Ensure proactive capacity planning and expansions.
- Provide engineering direction, guiding principles, guardrails that are aligned to both Business and Group's Tech strategy.
- Govern the architecture decisions, and directions across organisation
- Being trusted advisor, providing guidance and direction on cloud technologies
- Enable cloud adoption and modernisation of technology landscape
- Supporting Tech delivery to ensure the strategy is realised.
- Improve the cloud onboarding framework and process to increase the rate of cloud adoption
- Refine process to remove impediments on the cloud migration journey
- Drive best practice, methodologies.
- Proactive in seeking regular assurance that function is performing to an acceptable risk and control standards.
- Include internal controls, legal and regulatory requirements in the processes supporting the function
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and, if necessary, escalated through the relevant committees.
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group, remaining within risk appetite. Work in collaboration with risk and control teams.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role.
- Ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, anti-money laundering, Open Banking, and Data Protection regulations and guidelines.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Head of Cloud Factory, CPBB
- Global Head of Architecture & Cloud - CPBB
- Delivery teams and delivery heads
- Cloud Engineering, Cyber Security and Compliance teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum of 10 years of software delivery and business experience in the financial services industry with at least 5 years of experience on cloud technologies
- Cloud Architecture, Solution Design, Cloud Engineering and Cloud Transformation
- Architecting cloud applications for security, resiliency, recovery, availability
- Solid engineering practices, thought leadership, architecture and design patterns
- Extensive experience with formal SDLC methodologies and Agile
- Industry certifications on Cloud architecture & technologies is mandatory
- Preferred demonstrated capability in automation, cloud and open source technologies
- Demonstrated experience in modern technologies, cloud, API's, and open source
- Domain knowledge in Consumer, Private and Business Banking is useful however not mandatory
- Ability to understand business goals and connect them with technology capabilities and solutions
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.