We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Implement a state-of-the-art platform to enable our customers to gain a faster time to market
- Be recognised as trusted partner for business application owners and other technology teams who seek to make use of Cloud based infrastructure
- Provide technical design expertise to application and delivery teams
- Introduce & support emerging technology and best market practices to ensure consistent and state of the art systems are built and business achieves enhanced benefits
- As a Cloud Engineer your role may vary depending upon the vertical you serve as:
- Cloud Security Engineer
- Systems Engineer (Cloud)
- Cloud Developer
- Cloud Architect
- Network Engineer (Cloud)
- Special responsibility for:
- Ensuring that platform conforms to Standard Chartered security best practises and is fully consistent with Bank audit and compliance requirements and fully consistent with the design ethos and technical requirements of external cloud providers
- Full-Stack development
- Software testing during deployment cycles
- Architectural design and continuous improvement of the platform adhering to regulator and compliance requirements
- Supporting adoption of containers and container control frameworks for external and internal Cloud Services, including container platform selection and design, cost and license planning and ensuring that self-service design/deployment/control web containers is appropriate for requirements
- Ensure lifecycle management consists of documentation such as test cases, source code repositories etc are actively used and maintained
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
Our Ideal Candidate
- Graduate/Postgraduate in Engineering with 0- 1 Years' Experience in IT roles.
- Should be technically sound in one of the skills like Java, Python, Cloud, Full stack, etc.
- Ability to articulate and explain concepts and ideas contextually and visually.
- Good technical skills, IT skills, good verbal and written communication skills and good organizational skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and team player
- AWS or Azure architecture, design and implementation
- Containerization and container platforms like - Kubernetes- architecture and implementation
- Programming using Java or Python, building RESTful services
- DevOps tools - such as Git, Jenkins and Infrastructure as code using Terraform and ansible
- Cyber security fundamentals
- Linux fundamentals
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.