Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Venture is a newly formed fintech based in Singapore.
The successful candidate will be the part of a start-up team leading developers to build an innovative platform and app leveraging on data, analytics to drive the business. This is a rare opportunity for a self-driven, strong entrepreneurial spirit, start-up minded, solid and passionate individual to participate and contribute to a venture.
• Perform full lifecycle of data analyst / data science activities, including conceptualizing to operationalization.
• Provide critical thinking to look at numbers, trends, and data and come to correct conclusions based on the findings.
• Interpret and analyze data problems, turning business problems into data insights
• Work with various people from the tech and marketing teams in meeting milestones, timelines, and deliverables for projects.
• Collate and present key findings to stakeholders with actionable recommendations
• Define data sources and specifications, design and implement processes and models for complex, large-scale datasets used for predictive modelling, data mining, and research purposes.
• Lead ideation, experimentation, hypotheses formulation and testing
• Use Data Science or Data Analytics tools to design analytics dashboards. Develop dashboard visualization, metrics, insights; establishing baselines, targets, averages and benchmarks
• Ensure data quality and integrity
Knowledge and Qualifications
• Background in Statistics, Information Technology, Business Analytics, Data Science, Computing or related quantitative discipline.
• Good knowledge and experience with visualisation tools such as AWS QuickSight, Qlikview, Power BI, Tableau; and data science tools such as R, Python, Jupyter, AWS Sagemaker
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Spark etc is a plus
• Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
• Deep expertise in common data science tools/package (sklearn, mllib, tensorflow, torch, etc.) is a plus.
• Good knowledge of data warehousing, data lake, data mining, advanced data analytics & modelling
• 5 years of relevant working experience, having implemented at least 2 major data warehouses / datamarts, data analytics, business intelligence or data science projects
• Methodical, process oriented, organised and proactive self-starter
• Able to work well within a team with diverse personalities
• Able to multi-task, quick to adapt and able to work in fast paced environment. Having worked in an agile environment is a plus.
• Good written and spoken communication, presentation and negotiation skills
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages
. We welcome conversations on flexible working.