The role will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying scalable data systems, at various levels of abstraction, that ensures the data analysts have constant access to the required data. The candidate will gain working experience with massive amounts of data and how to develop and/or improve the data systems that can be used by Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI) APIs and engines.
The data engineer will work closely with the key internal and external stakeholders to develop new data systems for AI usage. The data engineer would enjoy developing AI applications for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Design and develop next generation of scalable data system to support commercial projects across various business verticals
- Design effective data systems taking into consideration performance and scalability to large datasets, adhering to best practices for software development, and perform unit and system testing to validate the system result and performance
- Participate and contribute to stakeholders’ requirement gatherings sessions, co-creation workshops to size up stakeholders’ problem statements and formulate best approaches to system solutions
- Develop new data systems and innovative techniques/algorithms to enhance SmartHub technical capabilities
- Work with industry collaborators or research institutes for technical collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Analytics or related disciplines, along with at least 2 years of relevant experience in Big Data analytics application development OR
- Master’s degree or PhD in computer science or related disciplines
- Experience with Big Data Technologies
- Experience in the following technologies: Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, PySpark
- Programming experience in one or, preferably more, of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala
- Experience in relational as well as NoSQL databases.
- Exposure to real-time streaming technologies (e.g. Spark Streaming, Apache Flink)
- Good understanding of software agile development
- Basic understanding of continues integration and deployment
- Basic understanding of docker orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes
- Attention to details, a self-starter and self-learner continuously keeping up to date with industry developments
- Creative problem solver and ability to think out of the box
- Experience in Telco industry will be an advantage
- We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.