Do you have a product-first approach when building software? Do you care about the user experience and real-world functionality of your code? Do you like driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment with a talented, fun and energetic team who is running at full speed to redefine the way people invest? WE WANT YOU.
We are currently expanding and looking for motivated Full Stack Engineers who have a passion for building robust and scalable systems for client-focused financial products.
You will work to design, build, and support many of the core systems powering StashAway software and user experience, from our marketing site to our cash flow and transaction libraries, to our financial computation engine.
Being part of StashAway's Technology team, you will build end-to-end product features that you are confident of delighting user experiences.
You will need to leverage the entire technology stack to realise these goals and will be part of a team that is constantly tackling difficult questions of scale, architecture, and interaction.
Your contribution to a dynamic Technology team allows you to be exposed to a variety of concepts and technologies. You will enjoy being able to have a direct impact on StashAway's internationalisation plans, and the development of features and new investment products.
We strive to keep most of the services simple and robust so they are easy to develop, test and maintain allowing us to iterate quickly and productively.
Do check out StashAway's Engineering blog to learn more about the technology we use, the challenges we face, and the solutions we deliver!
- Design and implement solutions to handle high levels of traffic, in a rapidly scaling environment.
- Write testable, clean, efficient code that can be confidently released in production.
- Code in a collaborative, agile environment developing many new features.
- Write well-tested, clean code and review other team members’ contributions.
- Work closely with Product and business teams to produce high-quality results.
- Be part of a team that enables faster internationalisation and the development of new investment products.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms.
- Familiar with agile processes, testing and continuous integration.
- Eager and willing to learn new things, staying up to date with the latest technologies, and expanding your base skill sets to propose new approaches to your work.
- We have an annual Learning & Development budget of S$1,000/year for you to take charge of your upskilling and learning!
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Past work experience working on a B2C product and some degree of interest in finance.
Employee financial and physical well-being
- Compensation package: you will receive a competitive total compensation package with Employee Stock Options (if you are a full-time employee).
- Personalised insurance coverage: reimbursement of your personal hospitalisation and surgical insurance premium as well as panel outpatient GP, specialist, and dental claims.
- Expatriate Pension Fund (ExPF): this employer-matching plan is made available via StashAway WorkPlace if you are a full-time expatriate based in Singapore.
- Management fee discount: you will receive discounts on asset management fees when you invest with us.
Flexible work arrangements and policies
- Work-from-home policy: you may choose to work from home or the office depending on what works best for you and your team.
- Work-from-anywhere policy: you can request to work remotely for up to eight weeks in another country.
- Unlimited paid annual leave: it should be simple for you to decide if you would like to take more or fewer days off. We trust that you are accountable for your work and know best if you need 10 or 30 days of paid annual leave that year.
- Personal work equipment budget: to help you set up your optimal workstation wherever you are.
Learning and development opportunities
- Annual L&D budget: you will be given SGD 1,000 with the aim to encourage and reinforce a culture of continuous learning for professional and personal development.
Team bonding budget and initiatives
- Quarterly team bonding budget per pax (depending on COVID restrictions)
- Bi-annual off-sites (once in Apr and Oct): a full day of company-wide team bonding activities and challenges.
With regards to our culture, we want StashAway to (i) have a rewarding, diverse, radically candid and cooperative growth environment; (ii) where people work hard, take responsibilities and grow as individuals and as a team; (iii) embrace an open-minded meritocracy, and (iv) are ethical and compliant.