Based out of Singapore or also open for remote.
**Only open to candidates in SEA region within similar timezone.
If you are keen on a boring 9-5 and predictable day to day role then please don’t apply. However, if you love the fast pace nature of a FAST GROWING and FUN gaming tech start-up with amazing benefits such as work from anywhere including the beach then please APPLY as we would love to hear from you!
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic and hands-on Software Engineer who is passionate in backend development and strives to create high-quality backend codes and ensure regular backend maintenance.
What you will do:
- Technical lead of a set of work packages in a project
- Work as part of a Build-Run team, including teams of external vendors, developers and architects to guide and assist in delivering business requirements
- Take ownership of the solutions, their architecture and non-functional qualities in production and design and develop new components
What you have:
- BSc in Computer Science or other relevant field
- Knowledge of the following:
- Object Oriented Programming
- Strong understanding of Database and Caching technologies. SQL, RDS, Redis, Memcache, NoSQL, etc
- Server-side application frameworks like node.js, Flask, Django, etc
- AWS (e.g. EC2, EBS, S3, ELB, SQS, ElasticCache, CloudFront, ElasticIP, Route53, Redshift, RDS)
- Deployment automation (Ansible, Salt-stack, Chef, CodeDeploy, etc)
- Test Automation
- Source-control knowledge. Eg. GIT, Perforce. Branching, pull, push, commits, etc.
At Storms, we believe that everyone has something to contribute, and we welcome people from all backgrounds who are looking to enable a powerful and inclusive gaming community. If you have the passion, curiosity and collaboration spirit, join us in getting better together and let’s STORM the gaming world.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Storms is currently only reviewing resumes from agencies we have partnered with, and have engaged specifically for the role. Storms will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring candidates whose resumes were submitted to our employees without Storms’ prior approval.