If you are keen on a boring 9-5 and predictable day to day role then please don’t apply. However, if you love the fast pace nature of a FAST GROWING and FUN gaming tech start-up with amazing benefits such as work from anywhere including the beach then please APPLY as we would love to hear from you!
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic and hands-on HTML5 game Developer who is passionate about game development and strives to create high-quality instant gaming experiences.
What you will do:
- Work as part of a Storms Instant Gaming platform, including teams of external vendors, developers to guide and assist in delivering various instant games.
- Take ownership of Developing rich interactive HTML5 games (aka Instant games) for desktop, mobile platforms using different web technologies.
- Change existing game sources and assets to develop similar reskinned versions of games for different B2B clients who want to gamify their brands.
- Build and integrate SDK to existing or new games based on external stakeholders' requirements.
- Packing Html5 games for different stakeholders to publish and distribute stable game updates on a weekly/monthly basis
- Responsible for implementing game functionality, gameplay mechanics, translating design ideas, concepts and requirements into a functional and engaging HTML5 game
What you have:
- BSc in Computer Science or other relevant fields
- In-depth understanding of HTML5 game development, strong coding skills.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Proficiency in one or more HTML5 creation engines such as PhaserJs, PixiJs, Construct3, CreateJS, Cocos Creator ( Cocos2d-html5 / Cocos2d-js ), PlayCanvas, Box2d etc
- Experience in changing HTML5 game assets, reskinning, bundling and code obfuscation.
- Experience in client-server communication
- Integration with 3rd party SDKs, apis and Server Side endpoints.
- Source-control knowledge. Eg. GIT, Perforce. Branching, pull, push, commits, etc.
- Good communication skills, a proactive attitude and a good team ethic
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Not necessary but plus to have
- Experience in technologies such as NodeJs, React.Js, WebGL and 3D.
- Experience publishing in FB Instant and other online/social platforms.
- real-time PVP, socket-based games. Ads integration
- portfolio of implemented/created games
At Storms, we believe that everyone has something to contribute, and we welcome people from all backgrounds who are looking to enable a powerful and inclusive gaming community. If you have the passion, curiosity and collaboration spirit, join us in getting better together and let’s STORM the gaming world.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Storms is currently only reviewing resumes from agencies we have partnered with, and have engaged specifically for the role. Storms will not be responsible for payment of recruitment fees for hiring candidates whose resumes were submitted to our employees without Storms’ prior approval.