At Stripe, a core part of our engineering culture is inclusiveness: we want to accommodate people from all backgrounds and walks of life. Stripe is for the versatile, the supportive, the impatient, and most of all, the obsessively user focused. You’ll be arriving in the first chapter of our story, and you’ll be expected to play a lead role in determining how it unfolds.
As a New Grad at Stripe, you’ll work on increasingly challenging projects to become an independent, high-impact software engineer. Depending upon the team, the work can focus anywhere on improving our API performance, improving the payment acceptance across the globe, or work to ensure our infrastructure is reliable enough for critical economic infrastructure.
As a company, we believe in end-to-end ownership of projects. For any given project, we have one person on point. While they don’t necessarily have to do all the work themselves, it’s their job to make sure all the work gets done. We launch betas and prototypes as early as we can. This helps ensure that we’re building what users actually want. We contribute back to the community, often by building things we think are cool and by releasing open-source software.
- Work on cross-functional projects, directly collaborating with other engineers
- Give meaningful feedback on code reviews and technical designs
- Ensure that the systems your team operates continue running well and can scale to meet the needs of our users
- Build the skills to own a project from beginning to end, learning project management and technical leadership skills
We’re Looking For Someone With
- A degree in Computer Science or a directly related field by 2022, or equivalent work experience
- Experience either in internships, or working collaboratively on multi-person coding projects (in a university or professional setting)
- Ability to learn unfamiliar systems and forming an understanding of those systems, through independent research and working with a mentor and subject matter experts
You Also Likely Have
- One or more areas of specialized knowledge in balance with general skills and knowledge, such as knowing more frontend technologies but knowing, at a high level, how a service handles an HTTP request
- Experience in code review practices, and an understanding of how to safely update production systems
- Familiarity with navigating and managing work in large code bases
Please Include These In Your Application
- A description of your work history (either a resume, LinkedIn Profile, website, or other portfolio of work)
- Examples of your relevant work and approach to learning (GitHub, StackOverflow, other projects including open source contributions)