At Stripe, product development is an extremely collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining a group of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world.
In APAC, the team is responsible for ensuring Stripe’s products best fit the unique needs of each country. We are looking for a Product Manager who’s passionate about learning the complex payments landscape, and will help build new payment methods & flows, and also improve our payments experience (marketing, local data requirements, taxes, payout timings etc). You’ll get to work with engineers in APAC to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as working with our business, sales and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has
- 6+ years of experience in a product role
- Experience with payments-related products or with technical products or platforms
- Built products by collaborating across engineering, analytics, marketing, design and other key stakeholders
- Approached product management from a user’s vantage point and is motivated by the chance to improve the lives of customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a precise talent for articulating customer challenges
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to ship
- A whatever-it-takes approach to ensure that your product and team are successful
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Not only shipped new products, but is obsessed about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases
- Started or ran a business before
- Prior experience working with tech companies in Southeast Asia.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfil its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.