You’ll primarily communicate with external developers through email and IRC to solve problems, help Stripe users build cool things, and debug code of all kinds. You’ll also work with other internal engineering teams to identify bugs and find ways to help improve Stripe.
- Work with external developers through email and chat to solve their technical integration problems
- Develop tooling, processes and documentation to enable the best possible developer support experience at scale
- Work in partnership with the product and engineering teams at Stripe to define the future of the developer experience on the platform
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has
- Mobile development skills in Android, iOS or framework like React Native / Flutter
- A thoughtful, patient, and friendly communication style and enjoys writing
- Prior experience as a software engineer or significant experience building web or mobile apps
- The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and limited supervision
- An enjoyment of teaching or enabling other developers to be successful
- For 24/7 coverage, someone who would consider working on Saturday or Sunday (optional)
- Fluency in Mandarin, Japanese or Bahasa Indonesian is a nice-to-have to support local markets within the region
You Should Include These In Your Application
- A list of languages you feel comfortable working with (both technical and human!)
- Examples of work you feel comfortable sharing. This might be something online, like a code repository or a blog post, or something unpublished, like an email to colleagues or a personal project you’d be willing to share. Whatever form it takes, we’d love to see an example of your creative and technical work.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start global internet businesses.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This not only enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work, but also establishes stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and sponsor the people working on them, and we release several tools as open source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and to push them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture, and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.