To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Who We Are...
Tableau (a Salesforce company) is a clear market leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for BI & Analytics. We build software that helps people see and understand data. Not only do we build world-class products, Tableau is also one of the world’s fastest growing marketable skills in the job market! And, if that isn’t enough, we are now also part of Salesforce , one of the largest software groups in the world.
We are built on a set of 8 core values : We are on a mission. We build great products. We work as a team. We use our products. We delight our customers. We keep it simple. We respect each other. We are honest. By making technology more accessible, we help create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, and now part of the Salesforce family (named one of the FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For®" 2020 — 12 years in a row).
Join us and discover a future of new opportunities.
What You'll Be Doing...
The Associate Technical Account Manager will serve as the customer’s trusted Tableau advisor and become an extension of their workforce through various areas of personalized service. In this role you will be identifying and addressing technical concerns, requests, and aligning to customer priorities, projects, and problems. You bring senior level technical expertise, and will act as the primary technical point of contact for the account by coordinating with Product Management, Sales, Technical Support, and Engineering to manage the customer relationship. The Associate Technical Account Manager will primarily be working with a dedicated customer.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the customer’s Tableau environment, business stakeholders, and their reporting and analytical needs.
- Offer best practice guidance and recommendations for optimum health and performance of the Tableau ecosystem.
- Apply comprehensive troubleshooting and debugging skills to establish a working reproduction, acceptable resolution, and root cause.
- Provide thorough root cause analysis on issues that could impact your customer in the future.
- Oversee successful implementation Tableau Blueprint’s Agility arm.
- Build strong cross-functional working relationships with Sales, Engineering, and Product Management.
- Provide escalation management on critical cases with Support, Sustaining Engineering, and Development to provide regular status updates to the customer.
- Communicate with all required stakeholders on crucial support cases and high priority issues.
- Conduct quarterly reporting and deployment reviews to spot trends, proactively identify potential issues, and offer tailored release recommendations to meet stability, performance, and new feature requirements.
- Identity revenue opportunities and partner with the account team to recommend paid services, licenses, training, and additional Tableau products to meet current needs and future growth.
- Contribute to Tableau knowledge, community, and training resources.
- Prepare and deliver custom technical presentations and trainings internally, at customer sites and Tableau conference.
Who You Are…
- Experienced. Relevant work experience required
- Technically Savvy. Experience with databases, SQL, and Windows Server. Linux experience and Tableau Professional Server Certification also preferred.
- Eat IT for Breakfast. Strong understanding of networking, server set-up, and administration, including troubleshooting experience with internet architectures, firewalls, proxy servers, and web servers. Strong understanding of relational databases; understanding of enterprise data warehouse techniques, OLAP etc.
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. Must have the ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence. Able to explain highly technical issues to a non-technical audience. Collaborate and own. Able to prioritize and route-specific customer’s needs to the proper channels. Take ownership and work towards a resolution.
- Detail-oriented. Nothing gets overlooked when it comes to you.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.