To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
What you’ll be doing…
The Premium Support team is responsible for identifying and addressing enterprise-level technical concerns and aligning proactive guidance to our customers’ business objectives. Technical Account Managers (TAMs) provide specialized technical expertise to the accounts that invest in this top-tier program, acting as the primary technical point of contact for our customers’ IT and BI leadership. Internally, the TAM organization coordinates with Product Management, Sales, Technical Support, and Engineering to drive customer outcomes.
As a Manager of Technical Account Managers, you will lead a team of Technical Account Managers in APAC, including hiring, onboarding, managing, and developing each of these individuals. Turning global strategy into daily action, you are expected to drive customer satisfaction through consistent success of your team members, ensuring customer objectives are met and your team is equipped with the knowledge, bandwidth, and resources to be as successful as possible.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Tableau environment and the business objectives and challenges of Tableau Premium customers.
- Build a high-performing team of individuals with a consistent focus on their professional development.
- Participate in the Premium V2MOM methods and set and accomplish goals within your own team’s V2MOM with a growth mindset.
- Effectively communicate program strategy, change management motions, recognition, and performance management to individuals.
- Coach TAMs on comprehensive troubleshooting skills to establish a working reproduction and communicate resolution and root cause effectively.
- Maintain strong cross-functional working relationships with Sales, Engineering, and Product Management to drive the growth of your customers and the people on your team.
- Provide escalation oversight for Premium customers via Support, Sustaining Engineering, and Development. Drive positive customer outcomes through ownership and leadership.
- Assess the needs of your customers and teams through quarterly reporting, trend analysis, monitoring Premium support outcomes, and staying abreast of market drivers.
- Ensure your team is equipped to offer tailored release recommendations to meet stability, performance, and new feature requirements pertinent to their customers.
- Identify revenue opportunities alongside internal business partners; champion services, licenses, training, and additional Tableau products that support your team’s accounts.
- Contribute to the global Premium team through knowledge, training, and resource sharing.
Who you are…
- Experienced. Experience leading high performing Technical Management. Demonstrated experience supporting enterprise level, critical applications.
- Technical. Experience with databases, SQL, Windows / Linux Server and security infrastructure. Tableau technical skills and/or the ability to acquire in depth knowledge of Tableau products.
- Leader. Shown ability to collaborate with all levels and departments within the organization.
- IT Knowledge. Solid grasp of IT infrastructure including networking and virtualization, server set-up and administration, including troubleshooting experience with internet architectures, firewalls, proxy servers, and web servers. Solid grasp of relational databases; understanding of enterprise data warehouse techniques.
- Communicator. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. Must have the ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to convey complex information in an efficient, easy to understand manner.
- Educated. Bachelor's Degree preferred. BA/BS quantitative/technical degree preferred.
- Organized. Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt to constantly evolving priorities in a fast paced environment.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, we are on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.