The Teradyne Software Engineering team is looking for a highly-motivated, energetic, technically driven Software Engineer to focus on the development of software systems for products within the Semiconductor Test division. Development occurs in a dynamic and challenging multi-site development environment.
- Design, implement and test system software in support of both the IG-XL development environment for the UltraFLEX family platform and Eagle software for the ETS platform.
- System software supports all digital and analog instruments, runs on various operating systems and this team architects and develops core services used by the driver teams.
- The team also selects computing hardware that best matches product requirements and ensures that the software can run as a 32-bit and a 64-bit application.
- Duties will include developing and analyzing software requirements, developing the functional specifications and design documents based on the requirements, implementation of the code using C#, C++, .Net and COM/ATL, and unit testing and verification of the code.
- The candidate will be responsible to debug and solve complex software and computing issues.
- The candidate will interface with a number of organizations on a daily basis.
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- BSCS, BSCE, BSEE or equivalent
- Desired: 2-5 years experience with general software development experience with commercial applicationsProject work involving developing software applications that control hardware products
- Solid grasp of Object-Oriented Design and software data structures, UML is desirable
- Proficiency in C#, C++ and OOD required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills of complex systems is required.
- Working knowledge of VB required.
- Knowledge of UML Design, Rational Products (Clearcase, Rational Rose, Rational Purify, Rational PureCoverage, Rational Quantify…) is a plus
- Ability to understand and debug complex a system is a plus.
- Ability to work as part of software development team required.
- Prior ATE experience and/or hardware knowledge is a plus.
- Working knowledge of computing hardware is a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile, C/I, JIRA is a plus.