The DevOps/Integration Engineer is responsible for integrating various sub-systems, verifying, and validating they work according to customer requirements. He/She is also responsible for any possible automation or implementation to reduce manual work.
- Work with Systems Engineers and Test Manager to setup, integrate and verify all hardware and software are working correctly as intended.
- Assist in creation/update of test plans and verification test scenarios
- Assist in reviews, including but not limited to, Test Readiness Reviews, Technical Qualification Reviews, and Final Qualification Reviews.
- Ensure full traceability of integration deliverables and tests to project requirements, using appropriate requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS), and defining comprehensive scenarios for integration and verifications
- Set up and maintain environment (e.g. CI/CD, Operating Systems, servers, network, virtual machines) for integration tests, including development/modification of automation scripts for setup, tests & updates.
- Install and configure required COTS (commercial off the shelves) systems for integration testing, including development/modification of automation scripts for setup, tests & updates, where feasible.
- Install and configure company solutions and products for integration testing, including development/modification of automation scripts for setup, tests & updates
- Prepare the resources used for various test configurations, develop and implement verification procedures, compile results, manage test deviations and record all verification results.
- Analyze test/system/application logs and results, assist in troubleshooting and communication of variances/anomalies to relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for Integration testing in Factory Acceptance Test, Site Integration and Commissioning:
- Preparing of integration test cases and scripts
- Participate in the onsite activities including system installation, system configuration, pre-on-site test activities
- Participate and coordination of on-site test and commissioning activities with customer as witness
- Producing integration test report, raise Problem Report if required
- Responsible for report submission and getting acceptance from customer
- Coordination with external party for testing when required
- Ensure all Configuration (e.g. IP addresses, hardware serial numbers) and Change Management (CM) processes are properly followed.
- Prepare, setup, automate and conduct tests on system performance and stability after integration, for both hardware and software
- Ensure that tasks are performed to the satisfaction of all external and internal customers
- Diploma or Degree in a relevant area of Engineering or any related discipline
- At least 3 years of experience in deployment and configuration of IT hardware (server, network switches, storage, workstation)
- At least 5 years of experience with deploying, integration or testing of system (both hardware and software), preferably till commissioning phase
- Good familiarity with various system protocols and data formats, including but not limited to, TCP/IP, HTTPS/JSON, PLC integration and Modbus
- Good knowledge of Web Service specification and design patterns
- Good knowledge of running/modifying batch files/scripts for automation
- Good knowledge of coding/scripting language (e.g. Python, Shell, PowerShell)
- Good knowledge with setup & configuration of Operating Systems such as Linux, Windows
- Passion for self-learning and implementing automation for tasks
- Strong experience in container-based technology such as Kubernetes, Docker, Containerd
- Strong experience in virtualized environments, such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Redhat KVM. Related certification is a plus.
- Strong knowledge on continuous integration/deployment (Ansible, Jenkins, Foreman)
- Good knowledge on Elastic Search, SPARK, Message Queues, KAFKA, MS SQL Server
- Good knowledge on Cyber Security and know-how on hardening systems & infra
- Good knowledge on networking such as VLAN & routing configuration and network troubleshooting
- Strong oral and written communications skills, and ability to communicate with multiple overseas and local teams
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Good experience in verification tools, or implementing automation from scratch (e.g. Jmeter, LoadRunner, Serial Port Tester)
- Knowledge of databases besides MS SQL and their setup
- Experience in an Engineering role deploying, integrating and testing one or more large-scale solutions
- Strong experience in technical and engineering work on Railway/Security projects
- Membership of relevant professional organization, e.g. INCOSE, Institution of Engineers Singapore, etc.
- Cloud Technology, Virtualization or Network related certifications
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!