Reporting to the System Engineering Manager in the Engineering team, the System Engineer will collaborate with his/her peers in charge of Sub-systems, IT Security, Backbone Network, RAM Engineer, involving in IT systems for Ground Transportation or Security projects. He/she is responsible for the design and integration of IT systems as part of the Solution in line with customer requirements.
- Responsible for IT integration of various sub-systems
- Gather IT requirements from sub-systems and applications
- Design IT infrastructure (Hardware and Virtualisation), racks, servers (Memory, CPU.., VM and SDDC, HCI, Switches, Backup solutions etc
- Work closely with the IT solutions vendors to design and specify the IT components to procure
- Define and configure IT systems: OS, VM, SDN, COTS, Network configuration (IP, VLAN, Routing), apply hardening procedures, NMS, CMDB
- Propose testing scenarios and provide the support for their implementation
- Support testing team
- Provide associated documentation, according to internal process
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics Engineering or related discipline (essential)
- Systems engineering basics knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an IT Engineering role
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Experience in:
- IT Infrastructure Design and Implementation
- Data Centre Design and Implementation
- Disaster recovery design and implementation, such as Arcserve
- High Availability features and systems
- Data Centre and Network Virtualization
- Storage and Backup Systems
- System configuration & troubleshooting, and
- Load, Performance and Integration testing
- Knowledge on different communication protocols at Network and Application level i.e. TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, LDAP, SNTP, etc.
- Practice of Linux and Windows.
- Experience working within a Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Experience in thermal simulation
- Experience in EMC/EMI
- Experience of IT in industrial environment
- Certifications are an added advantage: TOGAF, VCAP Data Centre and Network
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!