A Week In The Life Of a Development Engineer
- As part of a Scrum Team, you will work closely with Product Owner to understand the user requirements, work through the backlog with team members
- You will design our Software and Solution to answer the requirements and/or challenge them if they are unsound
- You will implement the solution and conduct unit to E2E testing. Knowledge with Test Driven Development is preferred.
- You will work in an agile development environment and be part of a scrum team participating to Daily scrum, Sprint planning, Product Review, Retrospective and backlog refinement.
- You will write end-user guides and the required documentations.
- Participate/Assist with deployment to all environment including production (remote support may be required)
- Actively support products by providing prompt response to users, understand the problems and/or requests and provide them solutions. A regular follow up to close the support.
- You will work collaboratively with several team spread across multiple locations and time zones
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- To succeed at this job, you must have: strong analytical and problem solving skills, experienced in Java/J2EE/Java Eclipse maven, C#, .Net, Spring MVC development.
- Proficiency in Java Script/ReactJS/Angular, FreeMarker, CSS, Spring Boot
- Experience in design and develop RESTful web services using Spring Framework, write secure web applications.
- Experience in Validation practices & automation tools and framework for standalone application and web application.
- Familiarity in Database such MySQL, Oracle, and MariaDB.
- Worked in an Scrum/Agile software development methodologies
- At ease with maven, git, setting up with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment management software
- Experience troubleshooting window server, database, and application server issues. Basic understanding on security, web penetration test.
- You must be fluent in English
- We would like someone to join our team who is willing to learn, embrace knowledge sharing, and has team work mind set
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!