As a member of PSE Design Tools Product Development Cell, you will design, develop and validate tools used by Technical Consultants, Customer Profile Center / Order Engineering developers and Indus users.
A week in the life of a Software Development Engineer:
- You will work closely with the Product Owner(s) to understand the requirements and design our software keeping in mind User eXperience, maintainability, robustness and performance.
- You will design our software to answer to the requirements and/or challenge them if they are unsound.
- You will work in an Agile development environment and be part of a Scrum team participating to Poker sessions, Sprint Planning, Review, Retrospective and backlog refinement.
- You will ensure the overall Quality of the product by coordinating the validation of the product.
- You will implement the design and unit test them.
- You will write end-user guides and required documentations.
- You will provide Level 3 support to users of our applications.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- To succeed at this job, you must have: good analytical capability and experienced in Java / J2EE / Python development. Worked in an Agile development e.g. with Scrum / Kanban.
- It is also required to have experience in Validation practices and testing environment such as Robot Framework. You may also be familiar with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and DevOps.
- You must be fluent in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who is willing to learn, share, and is a good team player.
- You must have a Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering.
- We are looking for someone with preferably with 1- 3 years of software development experience, although fresh graduates are welcome too.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!