Are you considerate, open-minded and passionate? Do you love learning and growing with others? Do you have a desire to contribute to the transformation of a large group? If so, we are your company.
Do have more than 5 years of experience as a software engineer in development using Agile methods? What are you waiting for, you should already be working for us.
You have the technical skills we are looking for if you:
- Have strong knowledge in one or more libraries and frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue
- Have strong knowledge in interacting with API implementations like REST, GraphQL
- Have experience working with existing Design Systems like Materialize, Bootstrap
- Are proficient on responsive web design and understanding cross-browser compatibility issues
- Have a good understanding of various front end profiling tools (like Chrome Profiler) and techniques to improve Web page performance
- Have knowledge in one or more Data Visualisation libraries and frameworks like D3 or High Charts etc (good to have)
You have the collaboration skills we are looking for if you:
- Collaborate with UX/UI Designers to assess the feasibility of proposed designs and improve them
- Are used to convert defined user stories and UI designs into working and tested code that perform well
- Have a keen eye for transitions and interaction states that boost the user experience and usability of products
- Have a continuous learning mindset and like discovering new programming language paradigms
What we can achieve together
As a Front-end Software Engineer in Thales Digital Factory, you will join an agile squad designing and developing digital solutions. Your contribution will be to:
- Understand the functional aspects of the delivery and able to constructively discuss with the Product Owner and UX Designer
- Complete all fundamental tasks for the delivery of new functionality from Application Design, implementation to the tests phase (unit tests, functional tests, and end to end tests)
- To implement features by defining tests, develop feature and associated automated tests. If appropriate implement security tests and load tests
- Write and review the necessary technical documentation
- Decide and implement team level code quality standards, and ensure that delivered code follows those quality standards
- Apply software craftsmanship best practices (TDD, clean code, peer reviews)
- Keep updated with the latest Common Vulnerabilities on the Front End and pro-actively push to upgrade to mitigate them
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!