The Test Automation Engineer is responsible for integrating, verifying, validating and qualifying solutions according to customer requirements. He/she is also responsible for any automation tools or implementation that can be applied into his/her activities.
- Work with Systems Engineers and Test Manager to select the correct testing methods and ensure all requirements (hardware and software) are properly tested
- Assist in creation/update of test plans and verification test scenarios
- Assist in reviews, including but not limited to, Test Readiness Reviews, Technical Qualification Reviews, and Final Qualification Reviews.
- Ensure full traceability of deliverables and tests to project requirements, using appropriate requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS), and defining comprehensive scenarios for integration and test
- Set up and maintain environment (e.g. Operating Systems, network, virtual machines) for testing, including development/modification of automation scripts for setup, tests & updates.
- Install and configure required COTS (commercial off the shelves) systems for testing, including development/modification of automation scripts for setup, tests & updates, where feasible.
- Prepare the resources used for various test configurations, develop and implement verification procedures, compile results, manage test deviations and record all verification results.
- Analyze test/system/application logs and results, assist in troubleshooting and communication of variances/anomalies to relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for Factory Acceptance Test, Site Integration and Testing covering:
- Preparing of test cases
- Participate in the onsite activities including system installation, system configuration, pre-on-site test activities
- Participate and coordination of on-site test and commissioning activities with customer as witness
- Producing test report, raise Problem Report if required
- Responsible for Test report submission and getting acceptance from customer
- Coordination with external party for testing when required
- Ensure all Configuration (e.g. IP addresses, hardware serial numbers) and Change Management (CM) processes are properly followed.
- Prepare, setup, automate and conduct tests on system performance and stability, for both hardware and software
- Ensure that tasks are performed to the satisfaction of all external and internal customers
- Diploma or Degree in a relevant area of Engineering or any related discipline
- At least 2 years of experience dealing with IT hardware (server, network switches, storage, workstation)
- At least 3 years of experience with integration or testing of system, preferably till commissioning phase
- Familiarity with various system protocols, including but not limited to, TCP/IP, HTTPS, PLC integration and Modbus
- Basic knowledge of running/modifying batch files/scripts for automation
- Passion for self-learning and implementing automation for tasks
- Basic knowledge of operating system setup and configuration, such as Linux and Windows Server
- Basic knowledge on networking such as VLAN & routing configuration and basic network troubleshooting
- Strong oral and written communications skills, and ability to communicate with multiple overseas and local teams
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Knowledge of coding/scripting language for automation (e.g. Python, PowerShell)
- Good experience in test automation tools or implementing one from scratch (e.g. Jmeter, LoadRunner, Serial Port Tester)
- Experience in an Engineering role deploying/testing one or more large-scale solutions
- Experience in container-based technology such as Kubernetes, Docker, Containerd
- Knowledge on continuous integration/deployment (Ansible, Jenkins, Foreman)
- Knowledge on Cyber Security and know-how on hardening systems & infra
- Knowledge of Databases and their setup
- Strong experience with Linux, Windows, and virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Strong experience in technical and engineering work on Transport/Security projects
- Membership of relevant professional organization, e.g. INCOSE, Institution of Engineers Singapore, etc.
- Cloud Technology, Virtualization or Network related certifications