Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among best small-medium sized workplaces globally.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Trade Desk is looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer, based out of our Singapore office. At The Trade Desk, we believe that each opportunity to engage with consumers is unique. Because of this, our platform provides advertisers and their agencies an unpreceded level of power and expressiveness to describe and reach their target audience. This means user experience can make or break our business – our users must have all the flexibility to harness our system’s growing power and present meaningful insight from the petabytes of data streaming through our platform with unparalleled ease.
If you have the talent and passion for building highly-interactive, innovative, and lightning-fast web UI, and interest in working on one of the most expressive and data-rich interfaces in the world, then this is a great opportunity to bring your creativity, design, and engineering skills to bear to solve some of the toughest usability and interaction challenges anywhere.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You are a skilled senior full-stack developer who has a passion for front-end, with experience in a modern, interactive client-side framework (React and Redux are optimal)
- You have a track record of significant, specific, and self-directed contributions to complex and challenging UI projects. What we're getting at here is "grit" - you have learned some lessons the hard way, and adapted and grown as a result
- You have a track record of leading engineers with a wide range of experience, while also making significant, self-directed, and end-to-end, hands-on contributions to large and impactful software projects. You think beyond just the task at hand to deeply understand the 'why' behind what you & your team are doing.
- You understand engineering fundamentals. At our scale, many off-the-shelf techniques and existing technologies (open source and enterprise) simply don't work. You are able to work from first principles to evaluate solutions and adapt them to a unique environment.
- You are a broadly skilled engineer, accustomed to developing web services. You have experience building always-on systems, working across a variety of technologies and service layers.
- You are passionate for building beautiful and seamless user interfaces. You know how to give users something that is more than just functional – you know how to delight them!
- You love technology and want to work with (and advance) the state of the art. Every day we are solving problems that have never been solved before, and we need developers who delight in that process
- You work quickly, with self reliance, and confidence in the absence of ego. We're not exactly a startup anymore, but we run our team like one – fast and lean – which means every engineer has a high degree of ownership and potential impact. Our engineers have the opportunity (and are expected) to exercise leadership and expertise in their daily work, having strongly held and defensible ideas, and advocating for what they believe is right. But they also need to be eager to hear differing opinions, adept at identifying and evaluating tradeoffs, willing to be proven wrong, and quick to walk through fire to help their fellow teammates.
- You value, seek out, and foster diversity. We are a global team from many diverse backgrounds, with different experiences and perspectives. To complement this team, you will welcome ideas that are different from your own and be skilled at finding and building from common ground.
- You are a creative thinker, not bound by "the way things have always been done". What you know is less important than how well you learn and innovate. We don't need engineers who know all the answers; we need engineers who can invent the answers no one has thought of yet, to the questions yet to be asked.
- Lead Software Engineers contribute to more than our product – they build our team and are stewards of our culture. Through a combination of mentoring, technical leadership, and direct management, you will make others better and raise the bar for those around you.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT:
What and how you can contribute is what’s important to us. Our consideration is not limited by the kind of education you have or the specific technologies you have experience with. Variety of technical challenge is one of the best things about working at The Trade Desk as an engineer, but we do not expect you to know every technology we use when you start. What we care about is that you can learn quickly, efficiently manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy, and help develop your team as they solve complex problems using the best tools for the job.
Our culture runs much deeper than just having fun together (though, we do that well too...) – the people we want on our team are trust-builders, generous givers, scrappy problem solvers, and gritty pursuers of excellence.
Does this sound like you? If so, we welcome your application and the chance to meet you.
NOTE: Do your best to apply to the one role and location you believe best fits your skills, needs, and interests. There's no need to apply to more than one – if you're qualified, we'll find the right role and location for you.