This is an essential role within Thought Machine, operating at a comprehensive technical level, engaging with engineering to understand the impact of technical changes and ensuring the successful delivery of our clients’ requirements.
The Client Engineer interacts with Clients, Business Analysts and Backend Engineers, performing the crucial task of translating business requirements into detailed software solutions and specifications.
The Client Engineer role lays at an intersection between integration consulting, software engineering and technical analysis.
- Analyse and validate business requirements, translating into technical specifications/requirements.
- Evaluate core platform changes versus client specific requests.
- Implement Vault workflows and Python smart contract code from client requirements (Software Engineering).
- Implement helper libraries, tooling and software around Vault Configuration
- Design client solutions / architecture.
- Collaborate with engineering, obtaining a deep technical understanding of Vault and associated roadmap.
- Coordinate impact and requirements across projects.
- Support client staging and development instances.
- Understand, investigate and resolve client technical queries.
- Prioritise and manage backlog and sprint planning.
- Conduct post mortems and defect management on technical issues.
- Participate in testing, release cycles and QA processes relating to client deployments
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to communicate solutions.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience writing commercial or open source software
- Experience analysing requirements, creating specifications and working with engineering functions to implement solutions.
- Desire and ability to learn and work with engineers to evolve the technical aspects of Vault.
- Interest in working on client-facing projects
- Delivering technology projects into financial institutions, or enterprise firms.
- Experience with the following tech stack: Python,, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes, ELK Stack, AWS, Google Cloud and other Cloud Technologies.
- Following Agile software delivery framework.
- In client-facing integration, implementation engineering or solution architecture roles, in B2B software product companies.
- Linux experience
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Experience with REST APIs and equivalents such as gRPC
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus Incentive
- 20 days holiday + public holidays
- All the latest tech you need
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
Thought Machine is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.