Site Reliability Engineers at Thought Machine take responsibility for deploying our software into production. As well as traditional DevOps roles, your focus will be on writing and maintaining software with the aim of automating the deployment processes.
- Supporting the engineering team in building highly fault-tolerant, scalable applications.
- Developing tools to ensure our services can scale and are highly available. We always try to manage our ops tasks with automation, by adopting open source tools or developing bespoke tools as required
- Being part of the 24x7 on-call rota, helping support and maintain production systems
- Day to day development support and monitoring of production server and network environments by developing and deploying logging and monitoring tools.
- Developing applications to increase code quality throughout our codebase.
- Supporting disaster recovery, backup, redundancy and capacity planning activities.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration, e.g. Ubuntu, Debian
- A strong background in at least one of Go, Python or Java
- A strong background in one of the following: database administration, Kafka, observability tools (such as Prometheus or Zipkin) or infrastructure automation.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP is essential
- Experience or knowledge of container orchestration tools, e.g. Kubernetes
- Experience in supporting production systems
- Experience with automation/configuration management, e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus Incentive
- Flexi benefit
- Mobile benfit
- 20 days holiday + public holidays
- All the latest tech you need
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
Thought Machine is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.