The e-Commerce industry has seen tremendous growth in recent years and has become a hotly contested space amongst leading Internet companies, and its future growth cannot be underestimated.
With millions of loyal users globally, we believe TikTok is an ideal platform to deliver a brand new and better e-Commerce experience to our users. Our product engineering team is responsible for building an e-Commerce ecosystem that is innovative, secure and intuitive for our users. We are looking for passionate and talented people to join us as we drive the future of e-Commerce here at TikTok.
- Drive architecture and development of efficient, highly scalable and secured services that power e-Commerce products.
- Lead research & development into key areas of optimisations for backend systems and services, including data security, systems architecture and computational efficiency & scalability.
- Design and develop data pipelines and analytics platforms for e-Commerce applications.
- Drive best-in-class user privacy and data security engineering practices across all product engineering disciplines.
- Manage, mentor and provide technical leadership for team of software engineers.
- B. Sc or higher degree in Computer Science or related fields from accredited and reputable institutions.
- 5+ years experience developing highly scalable backend services and systems using at least one of Java/Golang/Python/Scala/C++.
- Strong software programming capabilities, exhibits good code design and coding style.
- Deep understanding of data structure, algorithm design and analysis, networking, data security and highly scalable systems design.
- In depth knowledge of common databases and messaging frameworks like MySQL/Redis/Kafka etc.
1. Agile, quick self learner, highly self-motivated with strong sense of product ownership and creative problem solver.
2. Deeply passionate about software coding/development and building great mobile/web applications.
3. Ability to lead independent research to solve complex technical problems.
4. Empathetic and results oriented leader and mentor.
5. Good collaborator and team player, comfortable working in a fast moving, culturally diverse and globally distributed team environment.
6. Professional level proficiency in written and spoken English.