The Application Support role at Tradeweb is a pivotal role that supports the Institutional Fixed Income Electronic Trading Platform to ensure that clients, dealers and internal Tradeweb teams have a seamless experience. Working as part of a global team with a follow the sun model the team in Singapore are exposed to incidents and problems that could be raised in Tokyo, London and the US. The role gives you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic high performing team and also to be in the forefront of cutting edge electronic trading technology.
- Liaise with multiple internal teams within Tradeweb and occasionally external clients by building strong working relationships
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to read and analyze application logs to escalate to the relevant testing and development teams
- Good problem solving skills to provide root cause analysis of problems and workarounds.
- Application monitoring using ELK and Grafana
- Proactively assign, manage and prioritize relevant support tickets on the ticketing queue using ServiceNow
- Configuration management in multiple environments
- Support application deployment during hardware upgrades for production services
- Ability to take ownership and become subject matter experts in various parts of the system.
- In this role you will be required to work to a flexible work schedule which also includes weekend and evening duties.
· Work through Annual Disaster Recovery testing and BCP planning
- Bachelors in a computing degree or engineering degree
- 5-10years experience
- Experience of working in a high pressure environment preferably Front office application support and deliver to tight deadlines
- Excellent problem solving, planning and analytical skills.
- Extensive experience of managing client queries and problems
- Experience of working on a n-tier architecture and complex systems
- Strong communications skills with a demonstrable ability to interact and influence at all levels within the organization
- Experience of any OOPs language (C++/Java) and scripting like Perl/Python/Powershell.
- Strong experience working with relational databases. Querying, scripting experience with SQL server 2012 preferred.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Server
- Good working knowledge of Network elements related to the web such as web proxies, https,etc
- Understanding of Infrastructure/Server components
- Experience with production environment deployments intraday or COB
- Experience of managing, owning and delivering high quality projects to objectives and within time scales
- Good working knowledge of application integration ,testing and working with APIs
- Excellent documentation skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Hands-on approach with ability to deliver to commitments
- Strong customer service focus with a desire to deliver a high quality service
- Team player
- A desire to learn and improve skills and knowledge
- Fluent spoken Mandarin
- Knowledge and experience in database & manipulation. A technical background, with a good understanding of a range of enterprise technologies, networking & hardware infrastructure
- Enterprise Technology – JIRA, HP Open View , HP Service Desk or any other Ticketing tool
- Knowledge of .NET, C, C++ and VB technologies is desirable.
Hours of Work
The candidate will be required to work on a shift pattern covering the majority of the Tokyo trading day which are currently from 6:30am to 7pm. The shifts are to ensure coverage for Asian market trading hours. System checkouts are required before the market start for each location and end of day maintenance to be performed after market close. The market trading hours are always subject to change and the Support team is required to be flexible to accommodate.
Occasional weekend and evening work will be required.