Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Tranceslestial is developing the next generation of its CENTAURI product and needs a Junior Software Engineer to help implement the network monitoring and management system (NMS). This will require an understanding of network management concepts and experience implementing UI’s and RESTful API’s. As the Junior Software Engineer you will be working closely with the NMS Technical Lead and Senior Software engineers on the detailed design and implementation of the NMS.
- Translating software requirements to stable, scalable and robust software that is easy to deploy, operate and maintain
- Provide active input and feedback on NMS requirements and features
- Play a key role in detailed design decisions for the NMS
- Implement new features and maintain existing software
- Ensure a high degree of focus on quality assurance including security for NMS development and releases, work closely with the QA team
- Collaborate closely with electrical, mechanical, software and manufacturing engineers across teams to ensure an optimal product for CENTAURI
- Learning the codebase and continually improving and enhancing your coding skills.
- Responding to requests from the development team.
- Continuously innovate and keep abreast of latest software development practices, methods and approaches and help ensure the CENTAURI product remains technically at the forefront of its field
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or more than 1 year of equivalent work experience in a technical role designing, developing and releasing technical solutions.
- Excellent understanding of programming concepts including object oriented design
- Prior experience in a technical role designing, implementing and releasing client facing applications
- Working knowledge of Go (golang) programming language highly preferred
- Exposure to network monitoring and management systems including observability and AIOps preferred
- Exposure designing and implementing RESTful API’s
- Exposure to development tools, frameworks and technologies such as:
- SQL/NoSQL Databases e.g. PostgreSQL, Mongo, Firestore, CockroachDB, Timescale,
- Frontend frameworks such as React, React Native, Electron etc
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Developing and deploying on Linux OS
- Good communication skills and team oriented approach
- Ability to thrive working with a team of people from different backgrounds in a highly collaborative, time sensitive environment
Compensation & Benefits
- A monthly book and hobby fund
- 1 Friday for “Space Themed” personal projects
- Personal Office Computer
- Flexible work hours
- Best in industry health plans
You should include in your application
- Your CV, and/or LinkedIn page
- Links to projects or other work which will definitely impress everyone
- Email us at email@example.com
Desired Skills and Experience