The Technical Operations team is responsible for the architecture, deployment, and secure operation of our production environments & services, including our on-prem data centers where we manage thousands of physical and virtual machines, multiple cloud vendors where we have both directly managed environments as well as tenant environments, and our global network which spans over 26 countries.
As an DevOps Engineer on the TechOps team you will be a force multiplier for our engineering & operations teams, delivering tooling & infrastructure that not only has a direct impact on day to day operations but also helps contribute to the future evolution of Infrastructure & Engineering here at Tripadvisor.
What You’ll Do
Function as the lead for the Singapore Operations team. Work as a player/coach providing team leadership & technical direction for engineers.
- Build Stability: Strengthen our production environments, implement best practices, and when appropriate drive change across existing workflows.
- Empower end users: Collaborate across engineering & operation teams to improve automation of workflows and infrastructure.
- Ensure predictability: Establish SLAs for service uptime and build the necessary telemetry and alerting to reach them.
- Maintain Consistency: Develop and maintain solutions for deploying critical production infrastructure across diverse environments.
- Practice Accountability: Participate in periodic on-call duties and ensure that incident root causes are identified, debugged and resolved to prevent recurrence
Who You Are
- Previous experience as a team lead or manager
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.
- Proficiency in coding/scripting languages such as Python. Driven towards automation, removing manual process bottlenecks to increase efficiency.
- Experience working in a highly-available, dynamic production environment.
- Practical experience with containerization and orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Strong understanding of Linux (Redhat/Centos) and Web Servers (Tomcat/Apache)
- Experience with configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Ansible) and infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience working in hybrid-cloud environments (AWS preferred) as well as on-premise data centers.
- Familiarity with database technologies (Postgres preferred)
- Excellent problem solver, ability to action high-level business needs and adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Load Balancing: Envoy, BigIP, HAProxy, Traefik
- CI/CD Pipelines: Gitlab, Jenkins
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana, Icinga