The engineer will responsible for the development of the Point of Sale application, participate in the software development life cycle from definition of requirements to design and development, testing, implementation and support and maintenance.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Works with multi-disciplinary team to understand system / application requirements
- As part of a team, develops software solutions that meets client’s needs and perform as designed
- Capable of applying technical best practices to all projects
- Consistently improves skills in order to deliver high-quality output and gain increased responsibility
- Communicates professionally with clients and internal staff to identify needs and evaluate solutions
- Willingness to explore new technologies, learn new concepts and share ideas with others
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Experience handling multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a team development environment while also being able to work independently
- Good understanding of the benefits of the various design patterns and object-oriented programming
Technical Skills And Experience
- Recognised Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or a relevant discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience in C/C++ object-oriented software development and UML modelling.
- Experience in .Net development and Microsoft Windows Application platform.
- Experience in device/terminal applications development and client and server application interface.
- Experience in Point of Sale or Ticketing Machine will be an added advantage.
- Experience in RDBMS
- Experience in messaging systems (MQ)
- Knowledge in RUP will be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel overseas.
Desired Skills and Experience
Maintenance, Microsoft Works, Development, designed, Microsoft SQL Server, system/application, SDLC methodology, Object Oriented Design, Implementation Support, ESB