Your role is to understand the usage of Twitter worldwide, gather insights, identify opportunities, and help prioritize Edge improvements for enhanced customer experience and global growth. You will facilitate discussions on geographical infrastructure investments and content acceleration to enable users to contribute to the conversation regardless of their location, device and network conditions.
Build a solid understanding of Twitter's Edge, how it is built, and how it serves content across countries and regions throughout the world. Work closely with Engineering, Network, Infrastructure, Data Science, User Research, and Legal to craft and develop solutions that will grow usage, retention, and user engagement in accordance with local regulations in place. Advocate for cost-effective solutions, both for Twitter and our user data consumption. Be a voice for our end users, vocalizing their perception of Twitter performance across the organization, and thrive to improve loading speed, user happiness, and responsiveness when appropriate.
You will advocate for product and infrastructure changes when relevant to latency, availability, cost efficiency or data usage. Additionally, you will
- Convey your vision through ambitious product roadmaps, working closely with product leaders and software teams, and participate in all levels of team planning.
- Build and maintain concrete, quantitative, and descriptive dashboards that help you be the voice of the Twitter user and their needs worldwide.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to understand how performance and availability impact key business metrics, for better data-driven ideation and investments.
- Team up with Traffic, Network Engineering and Infrastructure teams to articulate a unique vision for Twitter's Edge.
- Work with Platform Engineering teams to craft and validate solutions to the most meaningful customer problems, as they evolve over time.
Who You Are
- Passionate about providing premier experience to our users;
- Creative and analytical problem solver;
- Minimum of 5 years of strong, proven experience in product management, preferably on platform or performance initiatives;
- Proven understanding of Software and Network Engineering, and technical depth that lets you understand and earn the respect of skilled engineers and scientists;
- Strategic thinker able to build and advocate for a compelling product vision;
- Experience driving impact through cross-functional leadership;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Get-stuff-done mentality, have great positive energy, and thrive in a fast paced environment;
- Passionate about technology and follow the latest trends in the field;
- Infrequent travel will be required between Singapore and Seattle/San Francisco post reopening.