Online Programmers are key in delivering the enjoyable connected experience players have come to expect from the Ubisoft gaming experience. Online Programmers face multiple challenges in developing, integrating and maintaining high-end service platforms. They are critical in ensuring that millions of players are simultaneously immersed in a seamless and rich game experience they can enjoy with their friends regardless of where and how they connect. As an Online Team Lead, your role is to responsible for the leadership and the management of the Online Programming Team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- With the Online programming team, and in collaboration with the Online Architect, you are accountable for the following:Prioritize and manage the programming team’s backlog;
- Optimal programming team organization and programmers’ allocation;
- Code quality: code review, appropriate use of design patterns, best practice;
- Stability and performance (memory, CPU, bandwidth…);
- Training and improvement of the programmers.
- At the Project Level, in collaboration with the other Tech Leads, supporting the Technical Directors, you are Responsible for the following:Define and promote what the Next Generation AAA experience will be and make this vision happen on Liberty;
- Define the technology the most adapted to the project;
Propose and develop the best tools and dev processes to guaranty the team’s efficiency;
Identify project risks and the contingency plans to put in place;
- Developing and sustaining long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors in achieving project deliverables.
- Team ManagementShow exemplary commitment and communication style, even in critical situations;
- Demonstrate leadership, charisma, enthusiasm and sense of commitment;
- Manage the performance of your reports with clear JDs and challenging objectives;
- Take the role of coach: inspire, motivate rather than directing;
- Encourage innovation and risk-taking and give people the right to make mistakes;
- Ensure the on-boarding, development and professional training of the team working with you;
- For the Studio and the group, the success of the project is the main objective, success also means growing the studio competencies:Share experience;
- Identify and promotes the application of the best ideas;
- Collaborate with the other projects to ensure continuity and homogeneity of toolset and practices.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Good leadership experience and extensive years of microservice experience;
Excellent communicator; able to motivate, influence, and inspire at all levels;
Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
C++ programming skills is a good to have but not mandatory;
Proficient in technological platforms such as Kubernetes, Dockers, Database such as MongoDB/MySQL, Cloud technology;
Good knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps;
Experience of online services (i.e. guilds, matchmaking etc);
Experience in scalability issues, stability and security testing of services;
Good understanding of Software Engineering principles;
Able to articulate a strong vision of technology as a means to customer value;
Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen console is a good to have but not a must.