The successful candidate will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing gameplay features that meet the requirements of the project’s Lead Designer and Lead Programmer.
• Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
• Implement code that is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system.
• Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organizing and planning their own work.
• Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
• Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines.
• Optimize code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
• Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and artists.
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
• Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
• Has knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc
Qualification, Experience, Attributes
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
• 5 years of commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published game.
• Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and perforce.
• Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles
• Able to plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work.
• Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Able to analyze unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
• Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity.
• Passionate about playing and making games.
• Good understanding of gameplay technology and can use their technical knowledge in various areas such as mathematics, physics, animation, artificial intelligence to implement gameplay features, and believable behaviors.
• Ability to work in an iterative environment with game designers to quickly prototype gameplay features.