Do you enjoy consulting on digital transformation projects? Are you looking for a unique opportunity to drive UBS's accelerating digital transformation? Do you have a knack for analyzing IT business processes? Are you keen on turning business and IT requirements into working IT prototypes and solutions?
We’re looking for someone like this to:
- conduct requirements-gathering activities, evaluating services, analyzing and using a variety of internal and external data and conducting end user interviews
- collaborate with our business partners in the creation of business requirements and functional specifications, assist in quality control and project management and identify people and systems impacted by functional and non-functional requirements
- prototype solutions on our in-house and be involved in implementing final IT solutions
- work within a global team and partner with senior management to build awareness, assess opportunities for new technologies and maximize value/impact of the function
- build trust and strong working relationships with Business and Technology stakeholders
- push forward the capabilities and performance of the team to strengthen and expand the service offering of the unit which align with the business needs for today and the future
Group Internal Consulting is the UBS Transformation Powerhouse, providing professional internal consulting, project management and execution services to all business divisions and functions on a global level. In the ongoing transformation of the financial industry, we aim to be a differentiating factor for UBS by ensuring targeted, impactful and efficient processes and change.
With over 700 people across the globe, we contribute to relevant and impactful projects, apply a firm-wide perspective and shape our own environment
You will be working in the Digital Development unit of Group Internal Consulting in Singapore, a dynamic, driven and diverse team of professionals. Our team helps UBS business divisions and functions to shape and implement their digital strategy in the areas of emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Advanced Analytics, Cognitive Automation and Blockchain as well Risk Modelling and UX/UI Design. Operating at the intersection of business, technology and innovative thinking, we are uniquely placed to combine the power of emerging technologies with a profound understanding of UBS business and change management practices to deliver sustainable digital transformation.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in financial services and/or IT consulting with a university degree in IT or related field, any Treasury function experience a plus e.g. liquidity models
- proven track record of successfully engaging on technology projects using Agile and Waterfall methodologies with an ability to adapt quickly to changing technology requirements and environments
- ability to understand business needs and transform these into functional and technical requirements and specifications
- sophisticated SQL knowledge and the ability to write complex and performant queries on large data sets
- able to switch between business requirements development and technical delivery, acting as the liaison between technology and the business aligned divisions
- excellent communication skills at a technical and functional level
- strong knowledge of SDLC and understanding of DevOps practices.
- project management certification
Experience in the following:
- Springboot, Java
- Proficiency in Java 8, Spring Framework with Spring Boot, Gradle/Maven
- Experience with RESTful services
- Experience on Microservice Architecture and relational databases
- Able to develop Java/J2EE based applications using well known Java frameworks ie: Hibernate, Spring and software integration techniques like REST/API services
- Knowledge in Azure Cloud desirable
- Knowledge in NO-SQL databases (Azure CosmosDB is a plus)
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.