Are you passionate about developing high-quality and robust software applications? We are looking for someone like that to:
- drive the delivery of global components and solutions, design and integrate them in various stages of software development life cycle
- collaborate across IT teams in different locations to deliver software components
- develop and build software components in Java technology
- Investigate and resolve production issues to maintain a stable production environment
You will be working in APAC Investing team based in Singapore, cooperating with developers across different locations to deliver IT solutions. The team is part of the global Investing team building software for Switzerland, EMEA and APAC.
- minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in developing highly performant, multi-tier Java applications with large scale SQL databases (PostgreSQL would be an advantage)
- experience in in performance tuning and fluent in using profiling tools, such as AppInsights, PgBadger and Java Flight Recorder
- experience in leading and managing a development team.
- hands on experience on Spring boot, JPA, Hibernate
- experience in caching technologies such as Redis or ehcache
- experience in building and running containerized microservices for Kubernetes/Cloud environment
- prior experience on Azure Cloud Services would be highly preferred
- working experience with Agile methodologies
- working knowledge in tools such as JIRA, GitLab/GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Confluence, etc
- exposure to Apache/Tomcat on UNIX/Linux environment with shell script programming, experience with analysis, 3rd level support, performance optimization is considered a plus.
- good communication skills and be able to coordinate technical discussion and activities with global and offshore teams
- self-initiative and comfortable working in difficult situations
- a team player with positive attitude to build trusted working relationship with global and offshore teams
- a quick learner and an excellent communicator.
- self-initiative and comfortable working independently even in difficult situations.
- a team player with positive attitude to build trusted working relationship with global and offshore teams.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.