The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
The Cash & Payments Technology Team Is Responsible For All Aspects Of The Cash & Payments Processing Application Portfolio, Which Includes
- Defining the payments technology roadmap to support the business strategies and objectives as part of the payments transformation programme.
- Delivering all IT solutions and enhancements.
- Ensuring highly available and scalable system capabilities to accommodate business growth
- Managing all risk and security aspects of the application portfolio
As part of a major investment programme in the cash & payments technology platforms over the next few years, a significant transformation of the payments processing platforms is planned.
Reporting To The Head Of Payments Technology, This Incumbent Is Responsible For All Day-to-day Application Development And Integration Activities Related To The Existing Cash & Payments Platforms, Which Includes
- All application software development and support activities from pre-project initiation, functional specifications to development, implementation, testing and post go-live support
- Building out and leading a team of developers and analysts to implement and integrate a solution that meet business requirements and are in alignment with the organization's business objectives.
- Defining and managing technical solution from design through to code level, in close collaboration with the enterprise architecture and software engineering functions
- Managing 3rd-party product vendors and integration partners with vendor to ensure application deliveries are timely and good quality.
- Managing budgets across multiple projects.
- Providing hands-on guidance to the team on functional and technical issues
- Partnering with business stakeholders to understand business requirements and provide consultation on solution and technology.
- Leading and contributing to cross-team improvement initiatives relating to agile methods, CI/CD tools, people, architecture, project management and governance, including further adoption and improvements to the Bank’s System Development Methodology (SDM)
- At least 15 years of experience in application development and maintenance with full software development life cycle experience, including hands-on experience in actual systems development work, with prior coding, functional specifications and technical specifications and systems development and testing experience
- Strong IT delivery experience in implementing experience implementing large scale, highly available applications, including APAC payment processing solutions. Experience with implementing and integrating 3rd party solutions is a must.
- Significant domain knowledge in Transaction Banking, Cash Management and Payments.
- Good understanding and experience in various software development cycle methodologies, including migrating from Waterfall to Agile methodologies. Hands-on experience in implementing DevOps is preferred
- Solid foundation in service-oriented technologies to be able to understand service interdependencies and drive towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems. Exposure to the following technologies: Java, Oracle, Weblogic / JBoss, Unix operating systems, MQ / ConnectDirect messaging
- 5 or more years’ experience managing third-party product vendor relationships and offshore development teams to achieve business outcomes
- 5 or more years’ experience at a manager level or above delivering global IT capabilities for a multi-national company with annual budgetary responsibilities
- Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
- Highly effective communicating with technical stakeholders, proficient communicating with non-technical stakeholders
- Good problem-solving, analytical, synthesis, system thinking and solutioning skills.
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.