At Unity, our QA team members are the test and quality specialists for feature areas. We are fully embedded and rely on communication and collaboration to help the whole team deliver quality software. We are responsible for driving the quality culture and enabling problem solving
As part of the 2D QA team, you will be embedded and working closely with development teams for the 2D features. Additionally, you are also a part of Unity global QA team that actively works to ensure the functionality, stability, and usability across all of Unity’s features.
In this role, you will engage with QA team, producers, and development on test strategies and approaches for a variety of projects. You will actively be involved in driving the team towards the best balance of automated and manual tests, and in ensuring tools and processes are in place to continually improve quality across the board. In addition to owning the culture of quality, you are expected to be hands-on and empowered to dive in and solve technical testing challenges as needed.
We believe testing is a craft that requires training and skill. We invest in our employees and expect you to invest in your own professional growth. Our employees love to learn, and challenge themselves as well as each other to grow.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with the entire team (QA, Development, Producers) to ensure we are delivering the highest quality software we can, with an emphasis on improved engineering flow
- Drive the development teams towards continuous improvement and higher quality - Tackle technical problems and lead the team to solve their technical problems
- Communicate with peers and teams across Unity to ensure a quality end-to-end experience of all deliverables, while collecting and sharing relevant accomplishments or metrics with local and global teams as needed
- Work closely with developers to provide early feedback on new features, their functionality, and usability
- Develop and maintain the test approach for your designated areas of the product
What We’re Looking For
- Experience leading change across teams or organizations
- Working knowledge of using Unity and programming experience with C#
- Knowledge of Automation and Test Infrastructure
- Passion for testing and software development and for solving hard problems with code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You might also have
- Leadership experience
- 2D area knowledge, especially in Unity